PDA

View Full Version : Visual snow

dc100
14-12-10, 09:27
Hi everyone - i have been really stressing myself out recently, ever since i read about visual snow i cant stop thinking and focusing on it -

When i look at certain backgrounds my vision goes all static like normally dark grounds - i guess its always been there to some degree or other and now im just focusing on it and stressing myself out (stupid i now) just wondering if anyone else has been through or experienced the same thing.

Feel so stupid that im letting something take over my life

amethyst3
14-12-10, 16:27
Hi there. Yes, I had this a couple of years ago. It was particularly worse in the mornings, as soon as I woke up. It seemed to go away when I stopped focussing on it. Strange isn't it?!

Rachel W
14-12-10, 17:22
I think static is normal on darker backgrounds or sky. At least that's what I tell myself. It is also quite obvious at night in darkened rooms. I would love others to comment too if they could add if they see static as well on plain backgrounds and in the dark.

But dc100, you are NOT alone!!!

dc100
15-12-10, 15:44
thanks for the replies - i have had a whole host of health anxieties recently and the others have cleared up but this one seems to linger - really am trying to block it out but keep focusing on it then i kick start my anxieties again - never noticed it before ive always had floater since i was little but thanks for the responses i wonder if everyone has it just worried about asking friends etc in case they think im nuts
:)