PDA

View Full Version : Just joined...

CrazyDiamond
14-12-10, 10:36
Hi.. I have recently joined and I'm currently looking through the site at everyones comments and posts and it is re-assuring to see we are not alone. It's a horrible thing to go through and difficult to explain unless you are going through it, but one good thing is by admitting we need help & taking action to fix it, is already a big step in itself to getting better!

I was prescribed 50mg setraline by my doctor 4 weeks ago.. so I'm just working my way through these and trying to get back to my normal state of mind and be the happy outgoing person I used to be. I have good and bad days, up & downs... it's difficult but i'm trying. I did experience a tough couple of weeks when I started the tabs, but i read it can take up to 8 weeks for them to fully kick in to your system..

I have been feeling 'not right' for some time now and I haven't yet worked out what has triggered it.. I think it's been a number of things from a really bad previous relationship and having to move cities to a new place where I have no friends or a social life or have the normal routine I used to have on a day-to-day basis. Also having to be the backbone for family members who are going through depression & other issues, I think it has just knocked me and had an effect on me? My confidence & self-esteem has gone, I binge eat/comfort eat, cry for nothing, feel aggressive, worthless, crazy, like the only person in the world who feels like this. I think bad things are going to happen to me and everyone and I worry and stress about it. I have convinced myself I am ill with something as I have aches and pains some days and headpains/cramps, etc. Madness!!

I haven't been able to tell my partner i am on anti-d's as I fear he'll throw it back in my face and I just want to get through this dark period myself without anyone making me feel bad or silly for it and without the whole world knowing and judging me.

Sorry for the boring novel but it's good to get it all out and off my chest!

diane07
14-12-10, 10:39
Hi CrazyDiamond

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
14-12-10, 11:45
:welcome: CrazyDiamond. Sound like you've been through a lot and are under a lot of pressure. Hope you benefit from NMP and that you feel better soon x

sop84
14-12-10, 11:47
:welcome:to the board :D

I've been on here for nearly 2wks and find it rele helpful.

Your definatly not alone on your feelings I too have family members that are depressed and have had that constant feeling in myself that things are not right for over 2 years. And then I braved it and stuck to the doctors appointment I made and had a good cry and blurted it all out.

My depression was trigged by myself being burnt out, I've been carrying alot of worries and stress on my shoulders for a long time (15 years) and now suddenly at the age of 26 i'm completly lost and all my emotions have come to the surface.
I too binge and comfort eat and my self esteem has plummeted, I have the constant worry that i'm not good enuf and worry about what people think of me :scared15:

Have you tried talking to your bf about things? I found that talking to mine rele helped, at first I was worried as he suffered with anxiety a few years ago and we both found it tough but he eventually got round to the idea of me on the a/d's (he personally disagrees with meds) xxxxxxxx

CrazyDiamond
14-12-10, 12:39
Thanks sop84.
I know where you are coming from.. i've had the major issue about worrying about what other people think of me, although I must say, the past week or so it has slightly decreased, I think this may be the AD's kicking in.. hopefully!

The binge eating is so annoying but I find it's the only thing I get comfort from. I used to be a bit of a gym freak and loved working out but now I can't even muster up the motivation to exercise.

I'm 27 myself and feel like I should be out having a good time and enjoying myself but I just can't seem to do it. I don't want to tell my bf tbh, as much as I can talk to him about things, I dont feel I want him knowing as we've been arguing so much lately that I don't want him to throw it in my face or use it against me so I'm going it alone.

This forum is really good though. I feel more at ease everytime I read a post that sounds like me!

Hope you are doing ok. Take care xx

sop84
14-12-10, 12:41
Awww ok, theres loads of people on here to talk to. If you ever wanna chat or let off steam pm me :D