PDA

View Full Version : Calcium score ct scan

wgarry
14-12-10, 11:09
Im going for a calcium score ctscan today

Has anyone had one of these? I have 2 questions

What does this scan involve and what is its purpose?

When do you get the results??

Thanks

amandaj
14-12-10, 11:44
hi is it just a normal ct scan?

wgarry
14-12-10, 12:14
Hi im not sure, There doing it on my heart...

wgarry
14-12-10, 13:28
Anyone????

countrygirl
14-12-10, 13:29
Ah in that case it will be to measure the calcium in your arteries as this is a good indication of how furred up your arteries are or at least I think this is what i have read in the past. This is one of the tests that are being advertised by private scanning companies but obviously due to radiation exposure its not something that the nhs use as a screening tool the nhs only do it if they need to.

Good luck

wgarry
14-12-10, 14:02
Right all done.
Quite simple really, They put 3 electrodes on me, 2 on my chest and 1 on my side then i laid down on a bed which moved in and out of a donut shape and i had to hold my breath for about 3 seconds on 4 occassions.

I had it done with the nhs but i was told by my cardiolagist that that i was having the tests just as a precaution, just incase they missed something.

I have my holter test on the 17th and echo on the 21st.

they couldent tell me when i would get the results

Does anyone have any idea howlong it will take??

amandaj
14-12-10, 15:17
i had a xray last week and it was back in 2 days, and i had a ct scan sat and new the same day ,with tests no news is good news if theres anything wrong they will get in touch with you quickly, which im sure there isnt its just a precaution mine there was something wrong ,but i new that b4 i had them done anyway good luck let us know how it goes
amanda

slw1111
24-12-10, 08:42
Apart from tears, only time could wear everything away. While feeling is being processed by time, conflicts would be reconciled as time goes by, just like a cup of tea that is being continuously diluted.