PDA

View Full Version : Please help

DOM1234
14-12-10, 12:41
Hello too everyone. ive been really strugalling with my anxiety and depression past couple of years.especially the last few months as my lifes been turned upside down my fiancee left me with my son and ive lost my job. recently i feel so detached not really anxious i just feel so wierd all the time like im stoned or something by the way i dont touch drugs.Its like being an observer of my life. sometimes i have no thoughts all day its like thinking through cotton wool other days i have continuous mind chatter but it feels far away like im just watching the thoughts but there not mine sometimes they just pop in my head and almost scare me. im really finding it hard too deal with i kind of feel calm and tired most of the time but nervous and sickly also. it feels like im loseing my mind which is my biggest fear im just in my own little world nothing feels right but im so tired all the time havent got the strength too panic about it if anyone can help id be so greatfull:weep:

blueangel
14-12-10, 12:45
What you're suffering from sounds very much like depersonalisation, which is a very common thing with anxiety - lots of us on here have had it. The most important thing to remember is if you thnk you're going mad, you're not, as if you really were going mad, you wouldn't have any realisation of it. Have you been to your GP about how anxious you're feeling?

DOM1234
14-12-10, 12:57
Hi blue angel thanks for your reply.ive been too my gp many times who just gives me drugs too try my cupboard at home is full of diazapam,prozac,citalopram,and another i cant spell. ive tried them all for the recomended time and they make the situation worse i feel even more out of it but a little happier.ive actually just come off citalopram 2 months ago because they made dp worse. sorry for going on i just want my life back and too feel it again pain,sadness and joy also feeling your thoughts are seperate and out of your control is so scarey thanks again

haziefantasie
14-12-10, 13:06
Hi

Has your doctor referred you for any counselling or therapy or have you tried reading any self help books?

I know exactly how youre feeling, ive been through very similar experiences as you recently so I just want you to know youre not alone x

DOM1234
14-12-10, 13:14
Thanks haziefantasie its good too know im not on my own with this wiered feeling.ive just started cbt but im only 3 weeks in and dont feel im getting anywhere but its early days i suppose. i just hope it helps thanks again for your reply

Tia Maria
14-12-10, 13:15
Hi Dom - hang in there, you are with friends here who understand and can relate - believe me, I know.
Hugs:hugs:
Tia

DOM1234
14-12-10, 13:18
Thanks tia xx

dreena
14-12-10, 13:46
CBT takes longer than 3 weeks to make sense so hang in there. I don't use meds as CBT worked great for me. Reading this post and it looks like I've written it as its exactly how I feel at the moment. It's on and off and I find if I'm completely occupied with something it goes away. Mind u I had it really bad a few years ago and thought I'd lost it..... But I'm stil here. It will get better just try and keep ur mind occupied, stick with CBT so u can get control over ur thoughts instead of them controlling u. this feeling won't last for ever I promise. X x