PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody

brill
10-03-04, 10:23
Hi all just a note of introduction my name is brill.(short for Brother bill. br ill brill) it,s a nickname which you probly already have guessed.
I live in Brisbane australia I,m 36 (almost) I,m married with a almost 4 mth old boy oh and a green parrot called Stumpy.I also breed tropical fish and have over 20 big fishtanks.(much to my wifes discust lol.)
I used to work for the railways but I had a lot of bad events happen to me between 1996 and 2000 which left me with P.T.S.D[V]
I had my first panic attack on the platform at Roma street station in April of 2001 (life has never been the same since:()after that I found it hard to even go to work and spent long periods of time on work cover.In late 2002 I was told I had agoraphobia.Over the next few mts I stopped going out by myself, I only went out with my wife and for the larst 8 or so mts I have almost stopped going out altogether.I only go to my doctors or very very rare trips with sharon
but I always stay in the car with the moter running.
But on sunday 8/3 I took a big step and flu on a plane to my mums place:D. I am not ashamed to admit it was the hardest thing I,ve had to do in my whole life.But I did it and am so proud of myself.[8D]
so that is a very short version of my story thank you for reading it and God bless you all xxxxxx MARK :D:D:D:D

red
10-03-04, 10:33
Hiya Mark! On your mum's system again???
Lovely to see you on the forum - and well done again for the flight - you should be proud of yourself - I am proud of you! You have obviously come a long way since your first attack and will certainly improve immensley carrying on as you are now - kep it up! We all know it is tough but all know that it helps to say "so what?" instead of "what if?" - an excellent re-frame that!

Keep posting and take care!

Red
x

brill
10-03-04, 10:52
Thakes red I hope you don,t mind but I,m going to use your saying I like it

Brill

bluebird1
10-03-04, 12:27
brill,
well done your story REALLY gives hope to all of us panicers.
i could have cried when i heard you made it.
you have achieved more than you realise,do you how many other people in the world get to face the biggest terror of their lives not just once but over and over. we are braver than we realise and you are a real star, well done.
lyn :D

Meg
10-03-04, 16:08
Wow Brill, what a huge step all at once. Fantastic achievement.
Just shows what you're capable of .

Do try to now build on that success by keeping going out each day and expand your daily boundaries.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
04-04-04, 00:24
Brill i am here if u want 2 talk Sal

Sal xxxx

sal
04-04-04, 00:47
Mark ur doing brill pardon the pun on ur nick name B prou of ur self Hpoe we can talk later on xx

Sal xxxx

brill
03-03-05, 15:09
Umm Hi just a short word to let you all know I am still alive and kicking.I have had a rather nasty trot for the last 8 to 10 mts but.I get out of bed every day take a deep breath and then get on with facing my fear's.I must try to comunicate with ppl so this is my first big step.At least ppl I can't see makes it a bit easyer.

Ummm ok then buy Brill[:I]

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

sal
03-03-05, 16:00
Hi Brill

Good to hear from you. Sorry you havent had a good 10 months but you keep trying mate.

Look after yourself. How is the baby, well he will be a toddler by now causing mayhem.

Take care

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
03-03-05, 17:28
Hey Brill,

Good to hear from you .

Wondering how you were doing. You were very depressed last we heard from you and were trying some medication.

How is Sharon ?

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
03-03-05, 18:49
Brill

Hiya and welcome back. I hope we can offer you some more support and help this time round too.

How are things at home?

Nicola

lainey
03-03-05, 22:54
Hi Brill and welcome back, come into the forum more often and you'll get loads of help and support

Take care

Elaine x

brill
04-03-05, 03:42
Thank all I will try to make more of an effort to stay in contact :)

And Thomas and Sharon are both well.I can't come into the chat room Because when everboby is on it's really early in the morning hear and I stay up really late so I can sleep well without any bad dreams or night tremmers.And I still dont fell well enough to talk to ppl on that scale yet.

I hope all of you keep well.

Brill :)))))))))))

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

sal
04-03-05, 08:53
Hi Brill

As long as you know we are all here for you. Pleased to hear Sharon and Thomas are fine.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sandy
11-03-05, 11:44
hi, my name is sandy, ive suffered panick attacks and anxiety really bad since my mum died a year ago, cant get used to these awful sensations , dizzy heads, feeling scared most of the time for no real reason, lieing in bed thinking awful things, sometimes i feel im going mad. but after reading some things off the site, i know i am not going mad, you all seem so nice and you seem to be copeing better than me.wish i felt stronger, sandy

Meg
11-03-05, 14:29
Sandy,

Welcome back

You might want to start a thread in Introductions where you will get more response than in an established thread.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
11-03-05, 19:11
Sandy

Hiya

Start your own thread and more people will see it.

Thanks

Nicola