PDA

View Full Version : diazepam

pezinlondon
14-12-10, 17:53
wish my doctor would prescribe me this, had them before and they worked wonders for my anxiety/agoraphobia, was able to live a normal life. now i'm stuck on citalopram :( wish i could just buy them from my doc ive got loads of money and im sure he would love the extra cash for xmas !! Dunno what to do? Will a psychiatrist be more likely to prescribe me them ?

Geoff2301
14-12-10, 18:20
I do understand your sentiments there as they are very effective but only in the very short term or for occassional "emergency" type use. They also have quite a short life in your body so you'd be taking one every few hours, they are highly addictive and you also get used to them and rapidly require bigger and bigger doses to acheive the same effect...... unfortunate I know as they can be a godsend!! Whilst a psychiatrist can prescribe them, he'll be just as reluctant to dish them out.

pezinlondon
14-12-10, 18:36
thanks for reply geoff, if i was ever to get prescribed these i would use them only when really needed to make sure i don't build up a tolerance as i also know they can be very addictive :S
Maybe i should try a psychiatrist :(
Could really do with these before xmas! Get really anxious round this time of year with all the pressure of family gatherings and stuff

Paddy-Mac
15-12-10, 02:57
My Psychiatrist has me on 3 Diazepam a day. I even asked for an increase but she explained how it can be addictive but says on very stressful occasions i can take 2 at a time instead of spreading the 3 out over the day.

I don't find them at all addictive because depending how my day is going i sometimes forget to take them! :shrug: