PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Douglas
14-12-10, 18:20
My name is Doug, and I suffer from health anxiety. I lost my wife to cancer back in July, and it has caused anxiety issues that I need to address. I started a thread already in the appropriate section of the forums here.

diane07
14-12-10, 18:23
Hi Douglas

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
14-12-10, 18:32
Hi Doug, welcome to the forum. Please accept my sincere condolances on the loss of your wife. You will find lots of help and support here, nice to meet you x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
14-12-10, 21:04
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Veronica H
16-12-10, 10:34
:welcome:To NMP Doug. You will find comfort and support here as you work through your grief.:bighug1:

Veronicax

paulst
16-12-10, 11:37
Hi Doug, welcome to the forum, Im very glad you found us.:)

mary56
16-12-10, 18:12
Hi Doug

So sorry to hear about your wife; this must be a difficult time for you, especially with the onset of Christmas. Do you have family around? I do hope you are getting some support from relevant organisations. It's not surprising you are feeling anxious. I lost my mum to cancer, and I remember how hard it was afterwards.

I have been physically ill lately and this has led to me having anxiety and panic attacks; sometimes I feel I will never be well again, but I take life a day at a time, doing whatever I can to get through the day. I like to walk in the fresh air, or walk my daughter's dog, and look after my little granddaughter. Do you like to walk Doug?

Once you have been a member for five days you can go into the chat room; there you will find very friendly and helpful people, where you will get support and help while 'chatting' live. I have found it very therapeutic and after chatting to people, don't feel so alone.

Hang on in there Doug, and keep writing, I always find that helps.

My very best wishes to you, Mary x

Douglas
17-12-10, 00:02
Mary, I love to do anything that keeps me busy. It's only when I have idle time that I end up with anxiety issues. Winter time is a slow time of the year for me, so things start to creep up inside my head.