PDA

View Full Version : Irrational thoughts

anxietysucks3
21-03-06, 17:32
Hello everyone,most of you prolly already know who I am from posting so much on here.I wanna start off by saying my over all anxiety level has been lower but Im far from normal.My most recent problem is driving.I sold my car and didnt drive for awhile"which is prolly why ive been calmer".Recently Ive started driving again and I lost all confidence in myself.It suckkksss.I think crazy stuff while Im driving.Like what if i forget to hit my breaks and much worse.I cant get this crazy thoughts from my head..Im afraid my fears will turn to reality.It makes me not wanna drive ever again .If anyone has any advice,please share .
thanks,
Justin
Baltimore,Md

florence
21-03-06, 22:42
Hi Justin

Nice to see you around again.
I can't give you many advices I am afraid, but just want to say that I totally relate to it, I 've got the same problem, I avoid driving completely, because I fear it so much ! Its frustrating because its affecting my freedom and my life really.
Just like you , I lost my confidence and worry about the craziest thing that could happen while driving.
What are we like, hey?
Take care.

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

sal
22-03-06, 00:53
Hi Justin

Thinking about you and you are not alone at all hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

joebobmichael
22-03-06, 01:10
justin you might go to amazon.com in usa and check out my new book Man, Interrupted in which I beat most of my OCD. Best Jim

chop
22-03-06, 06:05
I have thoughts of what if I purposely swerve off the road. Scary as!

What if I drive into someone just coz I cant control myself.

Its a loss of confidence and the only to fix it is to realise they are scary obsessive thoughts. You WONT do these scary things because you are so scared of them, hence why you think and afraid so much about them.

Only way to cure them is to accept them and realise they are thoughts and they DO go away in time.

They come back to me briefly but when you gigle to yourself (hard to do ) and say who cares, it wont happen, they go away.

Its the being afraid so much of them that keeps them going. Dont try to forget them either - that doesnt work - you have to accept them and they go away.

Chop

Learning to under react