PDA

View Full Version : Had a 25 min appt with GP

daisycake
14-12-10, 19:09
Was taken in on a last minute basis as I developed white spots in my throat over the weekend which she thought was bacterial or thrush and as I had told her this over the phone, she asked me to come in this morning so she could check it properly.. Got throat swabs done (nasty experience - I kept gagging!) and she sat and spoke to me for ages - she says she's sure there's nothing badly wrong heartwise, I said my left arm is sore, explained about chest and she said it is all anxiety, worry and muscles. Have been taken off omeprazole and am now on zantac instead to calm my tummy down :) and she wants me to give the cbt a break over Christmas/uni exams as she says its a bit much to cope with. So so glad she sat and listened, normally she is shoving me out the door - I think cos she was only there on call and didnt have anyone else to see, she wasn't so worried about being late.. I apologised for being in so much at the moment and she told me Ive got nothing to apologise/feel bad for, which is relieving! Only downside is she is off from Xmas til the 5th Jan but there are two other doctors there that I trust, so should be OK :) have just killed my stomach with a glass of pomegrantate juice though, oww! Ah well, just wanted to thank all of you for being so nice and helpful lately, it really means a lot :hugs::hugs:.. onwards and upwards eh! xx

Clairalou
14-12-10, 19:13
I'm so pleased you got to talk to your doctor with out feeling pressurised to get out the door! Maybe that little reassurance will go along way to helping you on your way to recovering from anxiety!
I'm also taking a break from cbt over christmas, ive found it really helpful but it's also very stressful and upsetting and I don't want to feel like that over Christmas!

Claire xxxx

slw1111
24-12-10, 08:46
Apart from tears, only time could wear everything away. While feeling is being processed by time, conflicts would be reconciled as time goes by, just like a cup of tea that is being continuously diluted.