PDA

View Full Version : Is this also panic

JulieJay92
14-12-10, 22:32
I keep getting shooting niggly pains in my left breast and also my left cheek is very painful and behind my left ear and under left arm not constant but several times a day for at least 2 weeks in a row now and suffered panic attacks since 1998

My BP goes from 120/78 then 162/108 and varies too throughout the day

Dont feel panicky though except the pains are making me slightly aggitated

Also am roasting 1 minute then freezing

JulieJay92
14-12-10, 23:25
Someone just said it could be signs of fybromialgia due to my many list of other aches and pains which vary in intensity over the past 17 years

is this also possible - will list all symptoms

Chest pain - middle and or both sides
Under arm
Shoulders
Lower & Middle back
right foot (like a twisted ankle pain)
Worse in morning
Bouts of constipation then dirrorhea
Nausea
Migraines
Finger and wrist ppain
left cheek, ear & neck
indigestion
Night cramps in legs
Waking several times during night very panicky

thanks again in advance for my long list

JulieJay92
15-12-10, 08:29
Anyone help please - my anxiety is going to overdrive now

The pain behind my left eae right into my neck is that bad i had to put deep heat on and it helps slightly x

Nigel H
15-12-10, 12:49
Surely it makes sense to get your pains checked out by your GP ... to be sure that the conditions are not something other than anxiety related.... the imagination of what they MIGHT be is perhaps contributing to your anxiety and making it seem worse.

JulieJay92
15-12-10, 12:54
Surely it makes sense to get your pains checked out by your GP ... to be sure that the conditions are not something other than anxiety related.... the imagination of what they MIGHT be is perhaps contributing to your anxiety and making it seem worse.

I had ECG's and blood tests in august and all were fine, they said some pains were muscularskeletal. he stopped my amitryptline in october before i moved to spain and cant afford health insurance here :(

I assumed in my mind as it has happening for weeks it wasnt heart related but it freaks me out sooooooooo much:scared15:

i am now constantly sitting with BP machine and it varies so much its unbelieveable but pulse not faster than 78 at any time

JulieJay92
15-12-10, 12:56
am also half way through my period at the moment which doent help

JulieJay92
15-12-10, 15:36
Anyone else help please - i am sitting in tears not knowing what to do

BubbleBonce
15-12-10, 20:16
I'm just wondering if you've had your thyroid checked? Many of your symptoms could be related to that possibly.

Bubble

JulieJay92
16-12-10, 08:23
had thyroid checked in september also and all tests came back normal

spikey0377
17-12-10, 12:58
Hi,

I just read your post and also have a lot of the symptoms that you have, the problem I have found personally is that my Anxiety is always there and has been for nearly 30 years, but at times it kind of goes away the bad anxiety, and then pops up again a year or two later with more symptoms than before and it feels more intense.

If you have had your blood tests and things are OK then maybe it is anxiety, I know it does amazing things to my body and at the time I think that I am not going to get through it.

I get trouble with my heart, heat feelings all over my body, Migraines, Nausea, pins and needles in different areas of my body. Different Aches & Pains, it is so hard to try and pinpoint what it is that is wrong with us, but sometimes Anxiety is the cause and can make us feel dreadful.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.:D

CJ

JulieJay92
17-12-10, 20:15
thanks spikey

i feel terrible today but managed the housework and even ventured out for 2 hour but came home due to all the pains

spikey0377
18-12-10, 12:41
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, good that you went out for a couple of hours, what made you go home?

What was aching ?

CJ

JulieJay92
18-12-10, 16:11
the chest and arm pain was unbearable and totally freaked me out

Tried to go out later and managed 2 hours and 2 drinks but got awful migraine so ended up home again

Migraine still here today and occasional cheek and sshooting chest pain but nowhere near as bad

spikey0377
18-12-10, 18:12
Hi

It sounds as though the tension is giving you those pains, and the Migraine I'm afraid goes hand in hand with the Anxiety.

So how long has all this been going on?

Noticed that you said that you moved also, maybe this has increased your anxiety? Do you feel like you are coping well with things or is day to day life hard for you at the moment because of your symptoms?

Have you tried to take deep breathing and calm yourself down when the pains are really bad?
CJ

JulieJay92
18-12-10, 20:19
Hi again spikey

I moved in september and it is hard as no work and money is really tight and Dr's and hospitals cost a fortune

I always had anxiety since 1998 but in the last 2 weeks all the symptoms seem 2000 times worse and dont feel the same. My husbaand said it wont be my heart as i still can walk, move although i have the pains but im not so sure to be honest.

I know drink heightens anxiety but hadnt drank in a week until last night and all week my symptoms got worse and worse and we live in an alcohol environment as my hubby is a karaoke compere.

The migraine has eased alot over the past few hours but now feel exhausted and i havent done a thing all day except drink tea and use deep heat on my chest but it didnt make much difference. It feels occasionaly like some has just nipped my breast and lst about 30-40 seconds but then feels uncomfortable

I need the reassurance that its not my heart or a brain tumour as i feel so worried

spikey0377
19-12-10, 07:44
Hi,

Well the booze is the worst thing for anyone with anxiety believe me, I dont touch it at the moment and although I never say never I hope that I can stay strong enough not to turn back to drink to help me through an anxious day, as although at the time it seems to help and help us relax more it makes the anxiety so much worse the next day.

You can still be in an enviroment like that and not drink.

As for your pains and Migraines well I'm not a doctor but know that Anxiety gives me very odd aches and pains, all over my body, I get all different symptoms and Migraines and I can never pin point why i get that pain there, or that stabbing pain somewhere else.

What tests have you had done if not where you are, before you left the UK.

I know how stressful moving is, the last time I moved 3 years ago I did it all on my own as I had left my ex, I coped with it all at the time and then a couple of months after my anxiety reared it's ugly head again and came back worse than the last bout.

Maybe you should think about it that way, rather than thinking that you have something dreadfully wrong with you.

JulieJay92
19-12-10, 09:25
i had ECG's, bloods, BP, thyroid etc all tested

spikey0377
19-12-10, 10:45
I would say then, that it is the horrible anxiety, dont be so hard on yourself and you know that you have the site when you are feeling dreadful, it is important that we all support each other.

You can always pm me if you are feeling rubbish and I will do my best to talk you through it, I know that in the midst of an attack nothing anyone says makes us feel any better at the moment, we dread the most terrible things are happening to us, but fighting it and stay as positive as you can, just think to yourself it has happened before and you are still OK.
:winks:

JulieJay92
19-12-10, 11:49
thanks its much appreciated :)

fell soso today and might venture out later, havent decided yet as feel very nausous today since breakfast :(

Typer
19-12-10, 16:45
Leiajulie

Anxiety can cause you to feel all of those listed. If you have been checked out, then I would say tension is causing most of them. The more tense you are the worse it gets. Horrible. Those little digging pains etc...sound like the nerves being aggravated by the stress, tension and anxiety.

JulieJay92
20-12-10, 17:55
thanks - still feel same today but bp is on average 136/85 and i had a few drinks in work last night so really confused