PDA

View Full Version : discontinuation symptoms with Cipralex

neengg
21-03-06, 19:34
Hi
I have read these boards before but never posted - i am having an awful time now i am off 10mg of the above (which used to be called Cipramil in the UK i think). It had great benefits for me over the 5 monthss I took it then i reduced for a month - that was bad enough but this is just awful. i have all the symptoms - extremem dizziness, electric shocks, stomach problems and loose bowls, headaches, very hyper and cant sleep much. cant drive because i feel so unbalance. Its been 20 days now - i read this can go on for 3 month!! please god make it stop!!! - i was so positive about starting afresh and now this - feel so low :(
if there is anyone out there who has had or is having similar experiences please message back - it always helps not to feel so alone.
[^]

lyn1006
22-03-06, 22:45
Oh jez was considering coming off cipralex myself as actually feeling better after taking it 18 months take 10mg, now think i won't hope u feel better soon not meaning to use u like guinea pig but let us know how you are doing or if anyone knows how u should comeoff tabs to reduce symp. pls let us both know.:D

Coni
23-03-06, 08:24
Hi,

I too am trying to get off cipralex. I reduced from 20mg to 10mg first for about a month. I tried to go cold turkey but as you say the symptoms, particularly the shocks (or judders as I call them) are terrible. I then tried taking one on alternate days, and then gradually increased the time between doses, but still got the symptoms. After a visit to my GP to explain he prescribed 5mg tablets. Again I started on alternate days and have gradually increased the days between doses. I would like to say I'm off them but the most I have managed is 9 days, and then I had to give in and take one again. Its so difficult to concentrate with the judders going on and theyre really uncomfortable arent they?. Worse when you are tired or anxious too, which I am most of the time!

I'm now on day8, but can feel the symptoms beginning again (though it used to be on day3/4 so thats an improvement). Sorry I dont know what the answer is on this one but you are not on your own. Although i didnt realise it could go on so long. Please let me know if you find a solution.

And a huge well done for getting to 20 days...you've done much more than me!

Take Care
Coni

P.S for anyone starting or stopping cipralex, I dont think everyone experiences these withdrawal symptoms so dont let this put you off. For me they were a lifesaver when I needed them and as with any medications we all respond differently.

gismo
25-03-06, 20:56
HI ALL WITH CYPROLEX I ONLY TAKE A 1/4 OF A TABLET AS I HAVE ME AND MY BODY IS SENCEATIVE TO DRUGS SO WHAT IF YOU TRIED !/2 A TABLET FOR 3 DAYS AND 1/4 FOR FOR 3 DAYS HOPE THIS HELPS CAROL