PDA

View Full Version : A very odd thing...

bmccartney
15-12-10, 00:51
so, here goes an attempt to describe a very odd thing that i have noticed recently. I suffer from anxiety since july to the point i have made 2 trips to emergency department and have thought about "what is wrong with me 24 hours a day" . everything has changed in my life because of this and i struggle like so many people on this forum. okay.. so I obviously have anxiety when worry or am stressed or when apparrently nothing is wrong... just constant anxiety. Last week i was puttering around with christmas stuff and was actually feeling pretty darn good. The doorbell rang and i had a delivery of a gorgeous chrstmas plant. Lovely! Next thing I know I have a surge of adrenaline thru stomach and anxiety for the rest of the day!!!! And this started as a reaction to something nice! It happened again today... got excited to see a very dear friend and went from low anxiety to high constant anxiety for the rest of the day! Makes no sense to me at all! I thought anxiety was a result of negative thinking , worry etc..... what the hec is this??? Maybe I am not supposed to feel "anything" good or bad.. if i want to remain anxiety free! Of course that is not possible. Anyone have a comment ... confused.

looking4answers
15-12-10, 01:03
I have gotten anxiety from happy feelings .It causes an adrenaline rush I suppose and triggers anxiety from the adrenaline ..but im not a medical doctor but I have experienced what you are before..

DavidJ85
15-12-10, 09:29
Can totally relate. If something triggers my adrenaline then anxiety kicks in as I think we subconsciously relate that feeling to something bad now.

I dread Xmas morning lol

ems43
15-12-10, 16:32
I have this also, if I feel happy/ excited which causes adrenalin surge then it triggers of the anxiety. I guess one way to think about it is that our nerves are highly sensitised so any litle thing can re triger the adrenalin/ anxiety xx

Sweetpea6
15-12-10, 17:35
Yes! Me too! Sometimes I think 'No, don't get too excited, it'll bring back your anxiety'. I remember my CBT psychologist once saying though that symptoms of anxiety are virtually identical to symptoms of excitement- butterflies in your stomach, jumpiness, needing the loo, sweating etc. so it's not surprising really.

bmccartney
16-12-10, 02:29
WOW! thought i was just weird! thanks for your comments!