PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get hot and sweaty in their home in the winter?

looking4answers
15-12-10, 04:23
Ok ,
I have ask this in several different ways but I guess I have to change again to get an answer.DOES ANYONE.. in the winter turn on their heat and feel uncomfortable and stuffy feeling .. Like you can't breathe.. and sweaty feeling all over. .

Isn't this an odd sensation..Freeze in your home or turn on the heat and suffocate and sweat.. Anyone? Anyone?

looking4answers
16-12-10, 02:34
I guess myself and the wife are the most rare people in the world

gaaron
16-12-10, 02:39
Turn the heating down x

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 02:39
ha i lol at the second comment, yeh i get like it i get all got and bothers then just feel really anoyed cuz im hot and cant get confy lol

looking4answers
16-12-10, 03:08
do you get sweaty too?

PokerFace
16-12-10, 04:14
I get hot toooooo. Idk why, my heating isn't even that hot! Sometimes I get sweaty and have to start taking layers off but it's mostly just burning up without the sweat. x

Going home
16-12-10, 12:42
There was a time when people would put a small bowl of water underneath the radiators to produce some humidity so it could be the lack of humidity that's making you feel like this....and you can buy humidifers as you know. If its affecting your wife and not just you then its probably that you've got the thermo set a bit too high? Open some windows and wear warmer clothes...no need to sit around in tee shirts with the heating on too high!

Anna x

Ps, what are the different ways you've asked this question?

debs71
16-12-10, 12:45
Yes, I do too lookingforanswers, and it drives me crazy.

I live with my parents right now who have the heating on almost twenty-four/seven
in our very cold winter at present, and I just cannot take the heat in the house, and feel constricted and stuffy, and yes, sweaty. I spend a lot of time in my room where I have turned off the radiators and I just occasionally switch on a small electric heater I have in there for warmth, but again, as soon as I have it on for a length of time I feel like I am roasting, get sweaty and have to turn it off, and even switch in my ceiling fan!

MOST ANNOYING.:mad:

Lizziesaurus
16-12-10, 19:26
Yeah I get this, drives me up the wall! Getting to the point where I can't get to sleep at night cos I'm too hot then when I wake up I'm in a cold sweat and shivering. Madness!