PDA

View Full Version : swollen and sore gland under jaw

missykat
15-12-10, 07:42
hey everyone,woke up with a sore painful hard swelling under my jaw bone on the lefy side, hurts to rest my chin now on my chest. any ideas why this is happening? before my mind spirals out of control :blush:

missykat
15-12-10, 17:11
anybody??? also have this sensation of bubbles in my left side of chest kinda like its in my breast only wen i deeply breathe out tru my nose. :(

bluetopazgirl
16-12-10, 20:35
Hey hun, i have a hard lump under my left side of jaw aswell. it doesn't feel round its long if you know what i mean, i had a sore throat so i think its a lymph node in response to infection etc. im very worried because i have had a phobia of cancer after my dad died from Lukeamia. i have a lump down below which docs have told me is a cyst but in my mind its a lymph node and i worry so this has started it again, but im going to see my gp. sounds like you could be fighting some virus or infection, make an appt with gp to get checked out as you may need anitbotics, get well soon x

KayVee
16-12-10, 20:39
Lymph nodes can swell for a variety of reasons. You may be coming down with a cold.

It's important to remember that once lymph nodes swell, it's possible for the capsule they're contained in to scar and not decrease back down in size. I have an easily-found node that's palpable under my jaw, from when I became ill with bad sinusitis almost a decade ago, and it just never went back down. Swollen nodes by themselves aren't always to be worried about.