PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety when I get home?!

kellynwv
21-03-06, 18:46
My anxiety is getting much better, but I have noticed something. My anxiety is at it's worse when I am at home! I was married in August and we live with my father in law. I LOVE my husband to death, but do not feel comfortable living there. It has nothing to do with my father in law, he makes me feel welcome.. could this be causing my anxiety?

I know a lot of peoples safe place is at home.. but not mine! I feel better at work or shopping then I do at home.

Thanks.

clickaway
21-03-06, 19:04
Hi Kelly,

I wonder if your father-in-law is representative of some one or some feeling that causes you bad vibes. Or perhaps you see him as a frustration or obstacle to you as a couple enjoying your freedom, as married couples are just that, a couple.

I'm sure you get on with him too, but am just wondering if this is the reason.

Is there any difference in your anxiety levels when your father in law is away for any reason?

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Piglet
21-03-06, 19:56
It could be an underlying issue. I am sure your father-in-law is really lovely but I suspect most newly weds would like their own space and this wouldn't be at all unusual.

Is there a possibility of this in the near future???

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
21-03-06, 22:04
Are you sure its not about being quieter and therefore time to allow the negative thoughts in and time to dwell on them

Being out is distraction

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

kellynwv
21-03-06, 22:42
I agree with everything you guys said.

We want to stay there for a while, to save for a house, and also it helps out my father in law.

I Have noticed, I do fee less anxiety when I stay busy.

Thanks

sal
22-03-06, 00:11
Hi Kelly

Welcome. It cant be easy but remember it is temporary it is you building your way to a happier future for the both of you. Takes time but it will be worth it in the long run hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".