PDA

View Full Version : Long-term struggle

Khafre
15-12-10, 20:20
Hello everyone,

I've been a member here and come here from time-to-time for support. I really appreciate all of it, it's been indispensable for me.

I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks off and on for 10 years now. Recently, after a particularly long struggle of heightened anxiety all day long, I decided to see a doctor (again) and get tested out. 3 EKGs, 1 Echo, and blood tests -- ALL normal. Despite all of these positive signals I am still sitting here feeling shaky, weak, short of breath, and downright anxious.

I'm posting to see if anyone else has been in my shoes (probably!) and how they managed to calm themself down after several doctors (including a cardiologist) have given you the green light.

Thanks!

looking4answers
16-12-10, 02:42
yes absolutely.. I think most of us have since just about all of us has had test that came back normal..anxiety brews that little bit of something in the back of your mind saying maybe they made a mistake or maybe this and that It will pass just like myself I have to trust and believe. Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon.

Khafre
18-12-10, 01:45
Yeah I'm trying really hard to just accept that I'm most likely just fine. It's tough though because as soon as I feel a headache, or a twinge of pain in my chest, or the least bit of pressure in my chest -- I start to panic all over again. I even found myself taking my pulse every few minutes which is of course the worst idea of all-time. Then when it was only like 70 I started panicking more thinking that was too slow, even though 70 is perfectly healthy.

:/ I'll just keep trying to accept that my only real issue is continual internal focus on my body. I need to trust my body and relax a bit. ;)

Yenesei
18-12-10, 19:42
Hi,
I feel the same at times as yourself, I am very alert to my body and the slightest change in environment. I find it helps me if I am distracted, doing a physical job or exercise or going out and being distracted by people. Though in the end I am with myself, I find some of the things i have mentioned give me confidence to say that really i am ok.
Tony