PDA

View Full Version : How do you ready yourself to die ?

ChrisK
15-12-10, 20:47
Yeah, odd question, I know. But I have a haunting fear of death, this fear totally paralyzes from me moving beyond my daily anxiety habits, so in my own head, I thought maybe I could panick less but accepting the grim fact that I may die anytime ? Ever considered this ?:wacko:

elainey70
15-12-10, 21:01
Oh yes, considered it, but don't like it.

Diver
15-12-10, 21:04
The only certainty we have is that one day we will die, take comfort from this situation. The final outcome is that one day you will either be in a better place or asleep depending on your belief.

There is no need to fear death; we have only been here a short time and before that what did you know about anything? Nothing! So there is nothing to fear.

eeyorelover
15-12-10, 21:04
I used to worry about this constantly but I've come to the conclusion that we are all going to die eventually and if I think about how much time I have left and worry about it, then I'm cutting into to the time I have left alive worrying about something I have absolutely no control over ;)

honeyp1e
15-12-10, 21:07
This is one thing i have never thought off or been worried about my mum & sisters also suffer anxiety / panic disorder and when they are having an attack they say they basicaly freak out thinking they are about to die but i never do !! :huh: i always just think if we are going to die then its are time once your gone your not gonna feel anything or know your gone etc.. x

debs71
15-12-10, 21:17
I don't worry about myself dying frankly. When it is destined to happen, it will happen and what is the point of worrying about things we have absolutely zero control over.

Worry about the things we can control and change.:shrug:

Not to mention don't waste time worrying about death, just try (if we can) to live life to the fullest.

ridiculouschatname1
15-12-10, 21:27
This is something i often wonder about. I used to have a big fear of death and dying, especially when i was a kid, it terrified me. Death is quite scary, its natural to have a fear of it, but at the same time you cant let it dominate your life. Its like the first time i went a plane, i was super scared and nervous before we even took off. But after awhile i thought, well theres kinda no point in being scared here cos i have no control over whats going to happen, if its gonna crash i cant stop that. So i just sat back and enjoyed the ride as best i could. I still didnt like it but it calmed me a little. I dunno, i think its good in a way to consider it and think about it, just as long as your not doing it too much.:)

Geoff2301
15-12-10, 21:28
The only certainty we have is that one day we will die, take comfort from this situation. The final outcome is that one day you will either be in a better place or asleep depending on your belief.

There is no need to fear death; we have only been here a short time and before that what did you know about anything? Nothing! So there is nothing to fear.
Very well put Diver..... my phylosophy as well!!

diane07
15-12-10, 21:42
After being a Health Care Assistant for so many years, death is something i came across an awful lot. I do not fear death itself as such, but more that i am scared of what will happen to everyone when i am gone.

I do know of people who have spent their whole life fearing death and as they get old they regret their time wasting years of fearing it as they now want to go.

Makes sense to me, although i can understand why people get scared, its part of the unknown, so some of us fear it.

We can't do anything about it, so i think lets live our life to the full as much as we can.

teez
15-12-10, 21:56
odd thing about fearing death ,,the times ive been nearest it ,,it held no fear for me,,, when i walked out of a little room having been told i had breast cancer and it was a big lump,,i was the calmest and serenest ive ever been,,i stopped having panic aand anxiety attacks altogether,,i could go anywhere do anything is was so odd,,the minute i was given the alclear it all came back with a vengance,,so very weird,,but i must admit when i go into a panic yup i do fear death,,

diane07
15-12-10, 22:00
Teez i can so understand that, after almost losing my life 6 and a half years ago and almost faced with it, i also didn't fear it, my anx and panic also went out the window too.............strange isn't it xx

teez
15-12-10, 22:06
makes you wish you could have bottled it doesnt it and share it out when it was needed so none of us would have panic or fears

Dragonsblonde
15-12-10, 22:32
I don't fear myself dying at all. My anxiety comes when I think of it happening to someone I love thus leaving me alone to deal with the grief. My basic premise is that mostly when you go it is either quick and you know nothing about it or else in hosiptal where people are there to care and make it painless.

sarah_85
15-12-10, 23:12
this fear is a massive contributor to my anxiety. some days i have to leave the room if people start talking about death or anything at all related to it. the thought of it absolutely petrifies me. however, through therapy i am learning that it is a certainty, that one day we will all go, and someone made an excellent point before that we didnt know anything of life before we were born so that comforted me that we probably wont know anything about it when we do eventually pass away. others have also mentioned that the best we can do is enjoy the time we have here, as it's short! and the best way to leave your mark is by touching the lives of others which is what i try to do :)
xxx

nomorepanic
16-12-10, 00:45
I could have died 2 years ago with the heart attack and the Crohn's flare-up. Funnily enough it wasn't the heart attack that nearly killed me it was the Crohn's!

Do I fear death? No not really. But after being in hospital for 2 months and seeing on average 3 deaths a week what I do fear is being stuck in a bed ill and losing the will to live like I saw with so many that came in and died during my stay.

I also worry about silly practical things like "would they know where all my finances are" so I have done an extensive list of my accounts and where all my money can be found if I do die. Is that morbid? maybe but is it practical ? very.

I have 2 crohnic illnesses that could kill me or I could live a long and happy life - all I know is that I will not dwell too much on dying but concentrate on living instead as let's face it "we are a long time dead".

Tero
16-12-10, 01:43
Well, death itself does not worry, it is the downhill journey if there is one. I told my kids what I needed to tell, they are ready for the world. They are 16 and 19.

manx_kitty
16-12-10, 02:03
I constantly fear death (amongst other things) I just try to put it to the back of my mind.........i know its easier said than done.

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 02:07
i think like that but dont act on it so sort of a catch 22 still get anxious lol