PDA

View Full Version : stuck in a rut any help? :/

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 01:39
basically for the past couple weeks iv felt really good and i have been fine till last week.. now since then i have been feeling quite crap feeling nervous and feeling like im not me its dirt and now iv fallen back into sleep alot and through out the day wich i really dont like doing and been haveing intrusive thoughts wich i think is the worst thing like some1 in my head i.e a different me? trying to tell me how i feel about things when i know i feel a certin way about things and it just shakes me up, its mostly about my girl friend saying that i dont love her, when i know i really do as i get REALLY jelus when another guy talks to her and i love her to bits and i wouldnt want to be with any1 else but her and she mens the word to me so theses thoughts really get me down and make me feel sad and depressed,and a iv had a few thoughts of beating people up not like damaging people just like ninja,ing and few people like they do in the movies just kicking some ass, i sit there and watch a 'little clip' in my head of it then just snap back into reality and think wtf :/ the beating people up dosent really worry me as it isnt spersific people just like a bit of road rage maybe then get out and chin some1 in a really cool way lol :/ but the gf thing really bothers me, has any 1 ever or any1 who dose feel like this? can any1 shed a light on whats happaning or any thing that may help me? sorry about the huge essay but thanks for reading =]:wall:

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 08:02
lol 18 view so i guess not :/ (Y)

JaneC
16-12-10, 11:31
I wouldn't worry about the lack of replies Shaggy, I think a lot of people are struggling just now. Can't remember if you are on meds or are having any counselling? Probably best speak to your doc if this is really worrying you.
Also, this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380810336/nicsmismatcofuse/026-8842148-3244403

has a very good section on anger if you could manage to get hold of a copy. Hope you can overcome this xx

spikey0377
16-12-10, 13:11
Hi,

I think that maybe the way you wrote the post may have stopped people answering. It is a bit aggresive and I don't think it is funny to have feelings of hurting other people.

Maybe you need to talk through your aggressive thoughts and the feelings of jealously that you are having with a Professional, I don't think anyone of here would be in a position to tell you what to do.

This is more of a issue to do with how you are feeling with life events rather than a Panic/Anxiety Issue.

Do you feel that maybe you could talk to your GP about this issue.

Try and talk to your Girlfriend also, we all get insecure and jealous at times, it is how you deal with it that matters, and as I said aggression is not the way to deal with how you are feeling.

I hope that you can get some help and that the future will seem brighter and easier for you.:)

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 15:33
cheers guys sorry if i sound aggressive im not an aggressive person im a really layed back and chilledout person

carlakayani
16-12-10, 16:06
Hi Shaggy,
I didn't really understand the bit about your girlfriend. Are you bipolar? All I can say is that I know what it's like to be stuck in a rut. I have no friends or family that really want to be in contact with me anymore after me trying to kill myself on a number of occasions, various stupid incidents involving alcohol and drugs, and my behaviour during manic episodes. I have no job and no money. I don't know anyone where I live. All I have is my partner, who will be leaving me soon. I am lost and don't know what to do. I am in the middle of a cold turkey to get off duloxetine. This might stop my bad manic behaviour and I'll just be depressed but stable all the time.
Does any of this sound like you?

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 16:15
sorry to hear you feeling like that but no i have a really good and happy life me and my gf get on really well never really argue iv got alot of family and friends support my gf really understands what im going through and no im not bipola i just think its a little ocd but i just have thoughts of things i know aint true or what would never do, i have a really good life tbh, it all really started then i got anxiety and panic attacks but i dont get panic attacks anymore as im on flouxatine and thats really helped me and i think my anxiety has helped me as a person as i useto go out every weekend out the piss with my mates and i mean every weekend and alot of alcahol (not an alcaholic) but i dont drink anymore as it makes me feel like crap so im thankfull in a way that i dont drink anymore =] sorry if this is all irrelavent

Geoff2301
16-12-10, 16:16
Tell the girlfriend how much you adore her........ I know it seems sloppy to us men but the ladies really appreciate it apparently!!.......... I find it very difficult to say it too!!

shaggyowen
16-12-10, 16:19
i always say it and always show affection to her i love her to bits, so that is why i think i have that fear, but im not gonna let it beat me as i get to decide how i feel =]

carlakayani
16-12-10, 16:26
Well done for getting off the booze.I am trying to get off it too. It's bad for me but then I just get cravings for it all the time over the last year. I just spent the whole week-end drunk and really upset my partner.
I have been diagnosed with OCD too about two years ago. I have all these intrusive thoughts. I got CBT and went on my meds, which has helped with the bad thoughts. I have a mind that won't stop. It only likes thinking about destructive things if it is left unstimulated. This is why I get really mad at my gf if I ask her a question and she takes ages to answer. I am very impatient. I think this is why. I spend a lot of time learning on the internet to try and stem the flow of nasty, upsetting thoughts. This might be good for you. It's a distraction method.

spikey0377
16-12-10, 19:52
Hi Shaggyowen,

Its great that you are not drinking, I know when my anxiety was at a high point a few years back I was drinking to take the edge of feeling anxious and panicky all day, I got up one morning with a huge hangover and felt dreadful and thought to myself what am I doing!! I knew it was making my anxiety worse, so I stopped drinking and have not had a beer since then and that was over 6 years ago, I never say never as we don't know what may crop up, but I know that since I stopped I became a better person, I was anxious all the time on the booze, and it can also make us have different feelings with our partners. I think when we are anxious and we have a partner without realising we start to rely on them more than we realise and maybe more than we want too, and then subconsciously we fear them leaving us, sometimes this is where the insecurities kick in. Just try and talk more and be cool with her, am sure that the OCD and anxiety will subside when you feel more secure within yourself.

:D

candicemarie88
16-12-10, 21:42
I've had similar thoughts about my boyfriend, but we have been together over 3 years and i don't want to be with anyone else and I know that I love him very much. In my particular case, stress and anxiety cause me to become very distant from people and ignore what's going on around me. I find i become aggitated and moody and often just want to be alone. Sometimes I have thoughts that I dislike the people I care most about, but i know it's not true because it causes me to become very upset and disturbed by it. My mind is an absolute wreck, hopefully my new meds will begin to kick in soon and i can actually start to enjoy life again.

My advice is to see you GP and try to relax as best as possible, although i know from experience how hard that can be, but one day we will be free from this anxiety. :)

shaggyowen
17-12-10, 02:07
cheers dude and yeh i go agg if my mrs dosent answer proply or not even at all lol i think it is a mild? form of ocd im just gonna ignor it and et on with what i do =] and i keep my self distracted with blazing my xbox =]

shaggyowen
17-12-10, 02:35
I've had similar thoughts about my boyfriend, but we have been together over 3 years and i don't want to be with anyone else and I know that I love him very much. In my particular case, stress and anxiety cause me to become very distant from people and ignore what's going on around me. I find i become aggitated and moody and often just want to be alone. Sometimes I have thoughts that I dislike the people I care most about, but i know it's not true because it causes me to become very upset and disturbed by it. My mind is an absolute wreck, hopefully my new meds will begin to kick in soon and i can actually start to enjoy life again.

My advice is to see you GP and try to relax as best as possible, although i know from experience how hard that can be, but one day we will be free from this anxiety. :)

thanks sounds very much like myself have you been on meds b4? and what r you currently about to start takeing ? cheers:yesyes: