PDA

View Full Version : makes me cross

allergyphobia
16-12-10, 15:54
makes me very frustrated when you take the time to help people and they completely disregard you or don't even acknowledge you!

why ask for advice when you aren't going to be greatful for people taking the time to help?

:mad:

paula lynne
16-12-10, 16:01
Some people are takers, some are givers. Unfortunately, those people who have a nasty habit of taking all the time find that eventually the people who were offering help and support simply stop helping. Manners cost nothing after all........

Chin up honey, the majority are gratefull. Lots of quieter posters slip through the net here, and a very wise person on here advised me to answer those posts instead of trying to help people who dont/wont listen to any advice.

Love n hugs, P x

diane07
16-12-10, 16:05
Aww Amber,

You are an absolute star taking such time out to give advice and support.

I personally appreciate all you do :hugs:

di xx

allergyphobia
16-12-10, 16:08
Some people are takers, some are givers. Unfortunately, those people who have a nasty habit of taking all the time find that eventually the people who were offering help and support simply stop helping. Manners cost nothing after all........

Chin up honey, the majority are gratefull. Lots of quieter posters slip through the net here, and a very wise person on here advised me to answer those posts instead of trying to help people who dont/wont listen to any advice.

Love n hugs, P x

:bighug1:Paula xxx

You are so lovely taking the time to post to me, when you have so much on your plate,

I think you are right.. sometimes i think i could sit on here all day trying to help people and there are some people that just would never say thank you... maybe they are not in the right place. sometimes i think you have to be in the right place to accept advice... :shrug:

i do think manners cost nothing at all though... thank you so much for your lovely words, as usual you have made me smile like this :D

:flowers: you're a diamond miss lynne! x x x x x :blush:

allergyphobia
16-12-10, 16:10
Aww Amber,

You are an absolute star taking such time out to give advice and support.

I personally appreciate all you do :hugs:

di xx

Thanks so much Di, that is so so lovely of you to say :hugs:

You're a star too... i almost feel guilty for this post now but sometimes it is so hard not to feel frustrated by people's lack of manners!

we all like an attitute of gratitude!

ah well... it's just started snowing outside, and you and paula have made me smiley again :yesyes: x x x x x

paula lynne
16-12-10, 16:18
Right back atcha hunny!:bighug1:
ps, I just replied to all who wrote on my Hugs For Paula thread :blush:xxxxxxxx

allergyphobia
16-12-10, 16:23
:notworthy: paula... i'm not worthy...hehe x x

paula lynne
16-12-10, 16:28
Oh yes you are Amber :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Going home
16-12-10, 16:41
I understand what you mean, ive also noticed that there are people who come for advise then disappear again when they feel better, until their next crisis and then come back for help again. I think its great when people recover, and they don't have to be on the forum every day, that's not realistic for everyone, but once a week or every few weeks would be good, just to help those who have helped them. I agree with you in that there seems to be some people who post every day who are here only for themselves and don't seem interested in others and I guess that's their choice. Thankfully these people are few and most members are happy to help others :flowers:

Anna xx

allergyphobia
16-12-10, 16:47
Yes that frustrates me too Anna... When people just come back for when they need help... i know this forum is here for support, but if we were all out for ourselves, we'd all only be replying to our own posts! and then where would be.

i guess like we all say we have to remember that most members are happy to help others and share their experiences, and maybe we shouldn't sweat the small stuff... after all they certainly aren't taking the time to think about us! :winks:

:shrug:
xxx

gypsywomen
16-12-10, 17:19
we are all human and i think when you suffer with the things we do its good to help and share how we feel letys hope the people who dont respond ,are ok ,, all we can do is try xxxxx

bottleblond
16-12-10, 18:34
Awwww Amber you give so much support to people here. Please don't take it personally hun as some people can be plain rude! :hugs:

Lisa
xxx

JaneC
17-12-10, 00:30
Hi Amber, bit late joining in this thread, but I just wanted to say I sometimes feel the same way. I don't think it's too much to hope you might get a thanks or even an acknowledgment when you try to help someone. Some of the people who seem like the most ill of NMP-ers always take time to do that. But as Lisa says ...

I certainly appreciate all the people, including you, who have taken the time to support me this week :hugs: :hugs:

Anxious_gal
17-12-10, 04:17
I'm bad for replying to my posts but only becase I feel so silly after I calm down, not sure why but i have some mental block with regards to replying.
I do try and reply to other peoples posts though, so hopefully no one things I'm being selfish :)
I have noticed a few people making more posts rather than replying to other peoples posts but i guess they are simply too wrapped up in what ever is making them anxious.

blue moon
17-12-10, 05:34
I come on here to talk to the friends I have made on this site.I really enjoy playing the games,it helps my mind from wandering.I do read and sometimes respond after other people have,but not many reply after me,makes me feel like my reply does not matter
Petra

allergyphobia
17-12-10, 09:49
you're right gypsy all we can do is try and be there for people x x x

lisa you are right!!!! some people are crazy rude... i must try not to take it so personally i guess! thanks hun x x x

jane course you do and i appreciate you too!! :hugs: thanks for letting me know i'm not alone x x x makes me feel like i am a bit justified in writing this...

mishel it was no way an attack on you personally! hope you don't think that. interesting to hear what you say about it though. i think as long as we all help each other then that's all we can do :D x x x

Petra that's how i feel too, that my reply doesn't matter :weep:... but your reply definitely matters to me and all your friends here x x x

JaneC
17-12-10, 09:50
Mishel I certainly never thought of you as someone who doesn't care about others :hugs:

Petra, :hugs: too. I feel like that as well sometimes. Maybe the time difference is a factor with you? That you come in late to threads when others have already had their say?

xx to you both

allergyphobia
17-12-10, 11:08
what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeee jane :hugs:

:winks: xx

KK77
17-12-10, 11:20
People go quiet when I post sometimes too! It can be annoying at times and I have made my feelings known before. I guess we can take things too personally, especially when we're feeling crap ourselves. I think members should keep in mind that the people who reply to their posts are also sufferers. A simple "thank you" can go a long way.

bottleblond
17-12-10, 11:26
Thank you MM :roflmao:

XXX

JaneC
17-12-10, 11:31
Sorry Amber, I posted while you were posting. You know I wouldn't ignore you lol :hugs:

Lol at Lisa. I like this thread :yesyes:

KK77
17-12-10, 11:32
Oh you swine BB! Give you thank you :roflmao:

allergyphobia
17-12-10, 11:59
:winks: ha ha lisa........

you guys rule :hugs:

gypsywomen
17-12-10, 12:12
thank you all for the suport i have had on this site over 3 years and i think this is a great site and the lovely people here merry christmas and hope 2011 brings you all the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

suzy-sue
17-12-10, 14:58
When you dont get an aknowledgment it can make you wish you hadnt bothered I sometimes reply and see the poster hasnt even been back .you can see this by their last time on line .Well whats the point in posting in the first place ???:unsure:.The most annoying thing I can recollect is when I had replied in detail to someone a couple of times, and was completely ignored ..Fine so I say to myself"Im not gonna bother again " .A few weeks later they posted, and they were moaning about getting no replies :ohmy:..So me .I posted again .:doh:.Did I get acknowledged NO ... did anyone else post ? No and I really dont have to look hard to see why that was do I ? ...pffft Manners cost nothing .We dont always feel in a good place ourselves and being ignored only adds to it sometimes ..If you feel up to posting surely a simple ta isnt too much to ask for surely ??:shrug: .Sue xx

KK77
17-12-10, 17:20
When you dont get an aknowledgment it can make you wish you hadnt bothered I sometimes reply and see the poster hasnt even been back .you can see this by their last time on line .Well whats the point in posting in the first place ???:unsure:.The most annoying thing I can recollect is when I had replied in detail to someone a couple of times, and was completely ignored ..Fine so I say to myself"Im not gonna bother again " .A few weeks later they posted, and they were moaning about getting no replies :ohmy:..So me .I posted again .:doh:.Did I get acknowledged NO ... did anyone else post ? No and I really dont have to look hard to see why that was do I ? ...pffft Manners cost nothing .We dont always feel in a good place ourselves and being ignored only adds to it sometimes ..If you feel up to posting surely a simple ta isnt too much to ask for surely ??:shrug: .Sue xx

Oh Ta Sue! :roflmao:

You always spend time replying to people in detail so I'm sure other members benefit even if the OP's disappeared up their own bum.

Some people eh? :lac:

allergyphobia
20-12-10, 10:27
some people just aren't worth the bother suzy x x