PDA

View Full Version : Trust

treble99
16-12-10, 17:24
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum as I have only started having panic attacks,anxiety in the last week or so. It all started with an ongoing medical condition and the recent break up from my fiancee after 2 years propper kicked it off.

The question I have is that I am struggling in public places at the mo but the only thing at the minute that seems to calm me down is my female friend. I feel realy bad putting on her all the time but she has been there every step with me and so has her boyfriend.

Has anyone else experienced this as it seems really strange to me that out of everyone I know it is her who I only seem to trust at the mo.

Any feedback would be realy appreciated.

Thanks

P

x

diane07
16-12-10, 17:55
Hi and welcome to NMP

I used to be like this, i called it my "Safe Person"

Its depending on someone that you feel safe with if you know what i mean.
Mine was always my mum, then i moved to my daughter, then a friend, and now i find i feel safe with anyone as long as i am with someone.

di x

_Emma
20-12-10, 17:27
Hey :) welcome 2 the site. I haven't been a member for that long, but u get great advice on here from people who really know how u feel!

I am exactly the same, only my person was at first my mum, now it's my gran! I struggle in public places as well, but when I was with my mum I felt safe, like nothing could harm me, she was definitely my safe person. Until 1 day she got frustrated with me in public and I was so embarrased. She was no longer my safe person! It then became my gran. I can now go out with selected other people, but I never feel as safe as I do with my gran.

So don't worry, ur definitely not alone!

:)

treble99
21-12-10, 20:31
I'm glad I'm not alone. To be honest without her support at the moment god knows what state I'd be in. She's doing so much to help me its untrue.

Thanks for the replies as I feel abit better knowing \i'm not alone on this matter.

P x

Kieran
21-12-10, 21:52
You're not alone whatsoever. Sorry to hear about the break-up :(

But we all have people who make us feel a bit safer. Someone who knows whats going on with you and understands.
I had friends who have helped me immensely, and it will get to the stage where you don't 'lean' on them as much anymore

Kieran x