PDA

View Full Version : Another ? about BP

JulieJay92
16-12-10, 21:58
How long would i need to have consistent high BP before getting seriously concerned ( although im in a really nervos anxious way)

5 days now over 150/92 at worst 180/108

only 4 or 5 readings in this time have been 130/85 - 128/75

Am i in real danger territory yet as i have all over chest pain too for 5 days but no dizziness/nausea etc

thanks & sorry to be a pain with all these questions. Im just so so scared

baileys
16-12-10, 22:08
Because your BP can be normal it shows that you dont suffer from high BP.
My doc once asked me to keep an eye on my BP at home. The first couple of readings were really high because i was anxious of what it was going to be but the more i relaxed the lower it became.

Shelz77
16-12-10, 22:09
Hi, I too have had heart worries because of chest pains. Went back to see my councilor yesterday for the first time in a year and she told me if I was that worried to ask my doctor for a heart monitor. Apparently you wear it for a couple of days. Lucky for me, my councilor used to do professional massage and she told me I was holding all my stress in my neck, shoulders, back and scalp. She worked on the areas for a bit and it honestly relieved some of the chest pain. All this due to our bodies tensing up when we have anxiety. Maybe this could be something you could try...... Hope this helps. Take care :bighug1:

JulieJay92
16-12-10, 22:19
They have tested me last year over 6 weeks and said i have white coat syndrome.

i do monitor ir at home but it fluctuates greatly - sometimes it is even 118/70

this is the week i am off my pill until tomorrow and last month it did the same in my weeks break but without the chest pain as severe

Would the break in the pill for a week cause this at all as i assume its not my panic attacks as such as pulse is normal between 60 and 70

thanks for replies also :)

JulieJay92
16-12-10, 22:19
i also dont have money to see the doctor in spain :( so cant even go to er room

Shelz77
16-12-10, 22:48
Sorry, didn't realise you had to pay to go to er room. That probably adds to your anxiety too, due to the lack of finances. As far as I'm aware white coat syndrome causes differences in you bp due to having anxiety in clinical situations (so I was told, apologies if I'm wrong). I agree with Baileys that maybe, because you are concerned about bp when you go to check it your anxiety is elevated.

JulieJay92
17-12-10, 09:21
this morning upon waking it was 150/95

It also feels like someone has kicked me in the left side of my face and i have been doing weights with my left arm - like its dead heavy and sore ???

JulieJay92
17-12-10, 20:03
still no change - help me know what to do for the best please