PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 - Cit working BUT ...

AmandaS
16-12-10, 22:02
Hi

I've been taking 10 mg of Cit for just over six weeks now for anxiety, and thanks to the postings from other Cit-takers I persevered through the first four weeks of side effects (just reading about others experiencing side effects and the supportive advice given was really encouraging), during week 5 I started to feel better.

This week is now week 6 and I really feel I've turned a corner and am managing to get out and about with very little anxiety and my physical symptoms are very much greatly improved and at times I almost feel normal again.

BUT one thing I've noticed is that I'm really feeling a bit overly happy and cheerful (colleagues have commented that I'm almost back to my old self!) but somehow it doesn't feel right.

Does anyone else have these overly happy feelings? I'm a little worried I'm getting 'hyper'.

Finally, thank you regular posters - I wasn't warned at the GP surgery of what to expect during the first few weeks and without finding this site and reading about the experiences of others I don't think I would have stuck with it for so long and the relief from a lot of my anxiety symptoms is fanastic - I'm not quite back to normal but now feel there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes to you all.

Dragonsblonde
16-12-10, 22:08
It really takes a while to accept you are feeling better or "normal" (hate that word) again.

I know when I started to feel more myself again I was almost watching myself all the time just to make sure I wasn't slipping. The trick is to just accept it hour by hour and don't try to overthink anything. Go with the Flow as my counsellor said and you will soon have more good memories and feelings in your mind than the bad ones and the recovery can just go on and on

happycamper
16-12-10, 22:40
Hey Amanda,

That's brilliant news you're feeling a lot better. I know what Dragonsblonde means about feeling like you're watching yourself to make sure you're not slipping. At times it felt too good to be true!

I felt quite a buzz initially when I realised the cit was working. But it has settled to a nice even keel now, had a couple of episodes recently where I've felt like the benefits were slipping (a blip!) but with positive thinking and nmp support(!) they seem to crawl back to where they came from, realising they weren't going to get the better of me.

Enjoy seeing the back of the anxiety chuck. X