PDA

View Full Version : am I being silly?

daisycake
17-12-10, 01:27
Before I begin to ramble - I dont have much self esteem and am subject to thinking ridic. things about myself which almost always turn out to be me overeacting but anyway, here goes:

I'm a bit worried about things, with em all the different worries I have and continously posting on here - and this is not aimed at all at anyone in particular before anyone takes offence becuase I really really dont want that to happen :hugs:

I'm not brilliant at replying as I don't always know what to say, and I'm not very good at reassuring myself, sometimes I'll ask for advice, believe it and then the next day I'll have the same thoughts again..

I realise I'm probably quite frustrating as I seem to worry about the same issues all the time and I know I'm quite annoying but I'm not sure how to change it :meh: I did ask my GP on Tuesday as me and my mum were arguing about this too and she says Im trying to cope with too much, being too hard on myself. So apparently I've got to give the cbt a break until the new year as its making things worse. I'm trying to juggle this, friends, family, home stuff, uni work, voluntary work and its all too much - I always get like this at the end of the year and having dyspraxia isnt helping..

But I am really, honestly genuinely sorry that I havent been replying properly to posts that people have left giving me really good advice.

I'm not trying to make this sound nasty or anything honest, Im genuinely apologetic because some of you have really tried to help me and to be honest I'm not always great at saying thanks.

I think its so easy to forget that behind the computer theres another person out there typing back to you.

My GP said that when we verbalise things, they become much more real and frightening, as opposed to the thoughts we have in our heads - so she suggested that rather than continously telling people that I'm worried, it might help to ignore the thoughts and distract myself first. So I'm going to try that, see how it goes.

But I hope you accept my apologies - and if I'm being silly and overreacting you can let me know :winks::redface: I was just a bit worried!

:hugs:Daisy

PokerFace
17-12-10, 01:33
I don't think you've done anything wrong hun, I've replied to some of your posts and I've seen you say thank you quite a lot! :) This post doesn't sound nasty either, it's actually really really sweet of you to thank the people that help you out like this.

Hope ignoring the thoughts goes well for you. xx

Anxious_gal
17-12-10, 04:12
I'm awful for replying to my own posts, not sure why, i guess some times I feel silly after I calm down.
I do the same thing with regards to not replying to posts so I understand.
I find keeping a diary helps, I always have one which i tend only write in if i am feeling bad as it helps me feel more in control and helps me to stand back and really look at whats going on with me.
aw you have dyspraxia, I just looked it up, it sounds like it can make things more challenging for you.
I think your very sweet for writing this post just to let us know why you some times don't reply :hugs:

JaneC
17-12-10, 10:04
Daisy, I don't think you have anything to apologise for. You wouldn't have started this thread if you were one of the people on here who doesn't seem to care about others :hugs:

Groundhog
17-12-10, 10:59
Please don’t feel bad, I always look at posts that I have offered advice/reassurance on that disappear as solved in a way in so much as ‘no news is good news’. If people are still concerned they post again or keep the original post active.

Being male I'm always wary of doing this but have a ... :hugs:

allergyphobia
17-12-10, 11:05
Daisy !!! :hugs:

My thread REALLY wasn't aimed at you, i take it that was what prompted you to think about this hunny!

You always say thank you to people for advising you. I was just frustrated when i wrote that thread, perhaps I should delete it as I don't wanna upset anybody...

The funny thing is, the people who ignore their replies and don't say thank you probably haven't even read that thread!!! :winks:

Please don't worry about this or feel bad, I definitely don't want to be adding to your list!!!

Really sorry that I upset you or made you think it was aimed at you, it was nothing personal at anyone, just a bit of a rant... we all need one sometimes :D

Hugs :hugs:
Amber xx