PDA

View Full Version : How does winter make you feel?

looking4answers
17-12-10, 03:27
I was sitting here wondering if winter bothers anyone else. The temps or the humidity ..

When I was young It didn't seem to bother me.. But I would like to know all of you how you feel in the winter..Please be detailed about it.

Thanks. Michael

Anxious_gal
17-12-10, 04:02
I don't like the dark as my anxiety is higher when it's dark for some reason.
I don't like waking up and finding it still dark lol.
I had a chest infection years ago and ever since cold air sends me to coughing fits so much so i sometimes feel like I will pass out, due to that I try and avoid walking in really cold air.
I have naturally cold hands and feet, If I get too cold I start getting cramps , this makes me nervous about going out to bars and friends houses at night in case it's too cold.
I have often had to go home because my legs would start to cramp up from being too cold! sometimes my hands will turn blue and really hurt.
I have the heat on a lot inside but it seems to make the house stuffy so I try and keep my bedroom window open during the day to air out the room.
I hate walking up in the middle of the night feeling cold or the air being really cold on my face.
the icy footpaths make me nervous because I fell for the first time last winter and a lot of people I know this year have hurt them selves from slipping.
I do like the snow when it's falling. we haven't had any snow here just ice so far.
last year we had some snow at night and I went out and just looked up at the sky and it was so pretty and fun lol, we rarely get snow so it was very fun for me.

looking4answers
17-12-10, 05:26
Thanks Mishel ,It make me not feel so alone..I got up a few minutes ago and the temp is turning cooler again after a fairly warm day.I went into the kitchen and we don't have the heat on and the cold air made me feel sweaty on the back of my neck.I guess my body being warm and the cold humid air hitting it makes my body like a cold drink that sweats I guess. I don't really know but hate this sweaty feeling. Hopefully others will be as kind as you are to list the things they don't like about winter and the humidity.. Michael

blue moon
17-12-10, 05:27
when i was younger the heat did not bother me,but now i cannot handle it,I get very short temper,right now where I live it is so darn hot and humid,I have not even gone to collect mail......grrr:mad:

Anxious_gal
17-12-10, 05:51
yeah it's either too warm or too cold for me lol

looking4answers
17-12-10, 05:54
Thats what is sooooo weird for me..I used to have a comfort zone and very seldom do I have that now..But the other night it was about oh I suppose 67 degrees and the wind was blowing.We opened the window and listen to the wind blowing in the trees..It was very comfortable until it got colder during the night and I think inflamed my tonsils or gave me a sore throat..lol Guess you can't have everything ..Right? :-)

Ozpanic
17-12-10, 08:06
I hate winter it makes me feel miserable, I like summer lucky it is now here, as i am in Aus..:roflmao::roflmao:, I've seen your snow in pictures. Brrrrrrrrrrr looks fun but maybe to cold to live in. I like the warm sun on me make me relaxed. But to hot as in 40deg higher can make me stressed too

blueangel
17-12-10, 09:31
I hate the winter, and have done for a long time. I have a naturally low body temperature, so being cold makes me feel miserable quickly, and I also don't enjoy the lack of daylight, as I'm one of the many people in the northern hemisphere who suffer from SAD.

rosebud
17-12-10, 10:25
Always makes me feel depressed xxx

Groundhog
17-12-10, 11:32
How does winter make me feel?...like crap :)

I posted on here a while ago that most of my interests centre on good weather, my classic car, caravanning, Open University studies stop in October and don’t start till March, and the list goes on. Also the dark nights/mornings...Oh and xmas/new year...hate them.

Tero
17-12-10, 11:51
If I was retired and living in Wisconsin, winter would be fine. Now I hate the driving, the Christmas rush and the short days. Plus I do not like messing around the house, like putting up Christmas lights in the freezing cold.

I had to shovel snow and throw salt once this winter, so not too bad yet. But there will be a second snow.

looking4answers
17-12-10, 22:15
Oh yes..I tell you ..I lived in Colorado for over four years..and the bitter temps really can get to you.All that snow shoveling and anything you do outside is a real pain..I Know that Wisconsin can be brutal..Sometimes I run out of things to do in the house to and want to get out and do things but snow can really ruin that. Hopefully maybe your next snow want be as bad..

Thanks to you and everyone that has contributed so far..Michael

rubynoodles
18-12-10, 09:05
Hate this time of year-I'm sure we humans are really meant to hibernate in the winter!

As soon as October comes I start feeling quite down and now we are in the depths of winter I feel very low, lethargic, uninterested in most things.

I love spring and late summer/autumn, love that mellowness not too hot not too cold-roll on March:)

honeyp1e
18-12-10, 09:35
I don't like the dark as my anxiety is higher when it's dark for some reason.
I don't like waking up and finding it still dark lol.
I had a chest infection years ago and ever since cold air sends me to coughing fits so much so i sometimes feel like I will pass out, due to that I try and avoid walking in really cold air.
I have naturally cold hands and feet, If I get too cold I start getting cramps , this makes me nervous about going out to bars and friends houses at night in case it's too cold.
I have often had to go home because my legs would start to cramp up from being too cold! sometimes my hands will turn blue and really hurt.
I have the heat on a lot inside but it seems to make the house stuffy so I try and keep my bedroom window open during the day to air out the room.
I hate walking up in the middle of the night feeling cold or the air being really cold on my face.
the icy footpaths make me nervous because I fell for the first time last winter and a lot of people I know this year have hurt them selves from slipping.
I do like the snow when it's falling. we haven't had any snow here just ice so far.
last year we had some snow at night and I went out and just looked up at the sky and it was so pretty and fun lol, we rarely get snow so it was very fun for me.

am pretty much the same as above my anxiety is higher is weather like this as i feel am LOCKED in and cant get out really if i nee to!
I hate waking in the dark as everyone is still asleep i think its i have more time to think about my anxiety!
My hands are feet are always more colder in this bad weather!
I just really HATE this weather and would prefare it to just be clear paths and warm air.... i think the wwarm weather makes alot of people smile

gypsywomen
18-12-10, 10:20
i think with the weather at the moment a lot of people are stuck in ,it makes it worse when we suffer with anxcity,we feel trapped even thou we could venture out we tend to think of the hazards.i love looking at snow on christmas cards but give me warm sun in spring my fav time x

looking4answers
18-12-10, 20:27
lol I like looking at snow photos too rather than the real thing.I am happy to be back in a tropical climate too although its really humid sometimes..Thanks Gypsy..I haven't seen you on in awhile. I hope everybody keeps chimin in ..Thanks everybody.Michael

ljd
18-12-10, 20:36
I hate the winter is cold and dark, give me warm sunshine anytime, I like the snow to look at but causes chaos as cant get anywhere then get really fed up!!

Roll on spring and summer!!

Tero
18-12-10, 21:30
looking4answers, hope I can still post on your threads.

What I really do not care for is travel in winter. I have been doing that for some 25 years as a married guy. Thanksgiving is OK, usually only an 8 hour drive. But I do not care for longer travel. We did it in 96, a long trip abroad. we might do it again, but I would just prefer to go somewhere and then stay there a week or two and fly back. If it ends up 50% travel, then it usually is kind of a ruined vacation for me.

I do not mind doing the same thing in summer. Long days allow safe drives 12h and then relax a couple of days.

Thanks for listening.

looking4answers
18-12-10, 21:39
Absolutely fine Tero.>Yes I too have been a family guy for many years and made those long trips as well..Its a pain sometimes but turns out ok I suppose..Now im older lol and and a grandparent.. and the kids have to come to us lol.. I know thats lazy but hey.. we did enough traveling ..Thanks Tero for chiming in ..

Unconnected
18-12-10, 21:52
Things i hate about winter.. Its cold, dark! and at nights I seem to get down for some reason the only thing I like about winter is usually christmas, and even this year I don't feel christmassy :lac: :unsure:
so winter makes me feel = DOWN! :ohmy:

Anxious_gal
19-12-10, 21:46
and then theres the stuffy noses and colds going around!