PDA

View Full Version : Positive Progress Report

steve2009
17-12-10, 14:05
15 months since I fell off my emotional horse.

Progress report......... Oct/Nov/Dec

I am working hard but it's still good to have a job. Helps pay bills!
I remember how awful it was when I couldn't safely work through insomnia.
Family life is difficult but, hey ho, isn't it always.
Beginning to understand adolescents ( from father's point of veiw :unsure:)
Got past another birthday in November.
Still jogging when I can. It reduced my BP to healthy levels (one less thing to WORRY about :D) Helps manage stress of work.
I am now off antidepressants after 15 months. I am going to look around for different anti anxiety alteratives. Symptoms much reduced. (Although placebo seems the best. Strength of mind to succeed helps)
Fear symptoms much reduced. Goodbye adrenaline...except when needed!
Beginning to enjoy more things again.
Still trying to let go of some emotional baggage but still learning.
Not giving in to any of those anxiety/fear symptoms. Blips a plenty but it is getting easier.
Trying not to make too much of failures, and trying to praise my successes more.
My wife still supports and loves me. Children, adolescents ... well they're exactly that.
AND... Still crazy after all these years!

It is a difficult trip.......but the only one. We all know that.

I know that for some people this can be a difficult time but I wish you all a fear free festive break, and a prosperous new year, emotionally if not financially. See you in the new year.
Keep on trucking... Except where there is snow!!!

Merry Christmas XX ..... off to get a tree... rooted, cut or synthetic? Oh what problems....

Steve

honeyp1e
17-12-10, 15:06
Well done for doing so well on coping with your anxiety............
i have been so bad lately with anxiety just basically having a nervous stomach feeling 24/7 which stops me from eating so i have now lost 2 stone and i was only 8st to start with :( so not good and am just trembling all the time aswell and just got myself in a rut and hopefully it will pass very soon but i just dont se the light of this moving :( xx

what can you do to calm a nervous stomach is it ok to eat with a nervous stomach or will it make me vomit ?? (am emetophobic ) so i worry 24/7 about bein sick but am hungry x x

~glowly worm~
18-12-10, 19:50
Steve, thankyou for the encouraging message i really hope it continues to improve for you and u make the right decision for that tree :p

hey honey, sorry to hear about your difficulty i have same prob but less severe altho have been unable to eat with it before. Have u approached your GP? It may be that they can giv you some supplement drinks (i have had them) which are very safe and u can try sipping those. If nothing else they help u get the nutriotion u need.
GP is the best place to start as they knwo the best things to eat for you as long as they are sympathetic to psych issues and sounds like u need a referral for extra help x

Its best to start with little bits you rememebr being able to eat with ease and eat little at a time. Like maybe a bit of banana or some ginger oatcakes? these come in boxes at tescos or certain other shops. U may find the more u eat the more the nausea will go as u probly feelin ill cos u hungry lovely :( When i het anxious i can only tolerate bananas but u wil find something for you.. But please do see your gp FIRST am thinking of you and hope u get support x Keep talking it does help x Im not saying see him cos i think u will be ill if you eat but im saying se him/her first because they will know you better than me and they are trained to help you xx