View Full Version : Twitching abdomen

countrygirl
17-12-10, 18:53
I have this before and its really weird - around my tummy button area whenever I sit down I get a feeling as if the whole area is either fizzing or twitching slightly - no pain and bowels okay no wind or anything. I do have very painful spine low thoracic area from bending over wrapping presents and putting decorations up - I also have twitching muscles in back of thighs but these twiches as only occasional during the day but the abdomen fizz is there every time I sit down.

I know I have read about this sympom on here before from people - I really can't tell if its my bowel that is twitching or if its just neves firing like they do with your eyelid. It certainly feels very strange and I have had it for a few days but together with the hurting spine and very tight muscles around my ribs.

Going home
17-12-10, 19:58
I can't believe you had this because I had it last week in exactly the same place and was baffled by it. I usually get it in my eyelids or sometimes my top lip twitches and spasms but never anywhere else. Mind you, I had a change of meds too so put it down to that and it only hppened over one afternoon, the next day it was gone but a bit freaky when it was happening!

Anna xx

Wee-Mee
17-12-10, 22:19
I get twitching stomach all the time. Is it almost like a pulsing?? I've actually watched my tummy and it pulses and moves!

looking4answers
17-12-10, 22:44
I have had a wave of these lately and did some research myself..Most of that of what you and all of us are experiencing would come under benign muscle twitches..I think we get them from sometimes over using muscles we very seldom use.. But then let me tell you about some I had one night that was weird.. I was laying down with my eyes closed and all of a sudden both my eyes seem to want to twitch almost like they were trying to open my closed eyes..I opened them and then the twitch stopped but then I tried to close them again and it did the same.It finally stopped but it was so weird..

I suppose depending on what is going on with us our bodies respond by doing this weird stuff..Its unnerving but I don't think its something bad going on..But im not a doctor and this is only my opinion and just wanted to let you know you aren't alone but this seems to go hand and hand with anxiety.. Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon.Michael