PDA

View Full Version : Does Your anxiety feel a tad worse if hungry ?

honeyp1e
18-12-10, 10:58
am just wondering if your hungry do you find that you feel your anxiety come on?

if i start to feel hungry or i have gone along time and am starving i find my anxiety kicks off or ijust get the palpitations or trembles
just wondered if any1 else does:huh:

PanchoGoz
18-12-10, 11:09
Yeah! Yeah I have to eat if I feel anxiety coming on and I forget about it. Its a good way to distract yourself, eating. I think food gives you the power, which may explain why we feel worse in the mornings, because we havn't eaten. You must eat little and often, and if you can't bear eating something then have a hot drink or soup.

honeyp1e
18-12-10, 11:46
Yeah! Yeah I have to eat if I feel anxiety coming on and I forget about it. Its a good way to distract yourself, eating. I think food gives you the power, which may explain why we feel worse in the mornings, because we havn't eaten. You must eat little and often, and if you can't bear eating something then have a hot drink or soup.

i find my anxiety can be horrible if i hungry but then at times i just lose my appetite from my anxiety so cant win :wacko:

Dahlia
18-12-10, 14:04
It's because your blood sugar levels are low - which leads to symptoms such as anxiety, trembling, feeling a little nauseous, potentially headaches. Basically, very jittery. It's a physiological thing - presumably to remind us to eat soon! Try eating little and often, as this stablises the blood sugar levels throughout the day; whereas 3 big meals leads to highs and lows.

Dahlia