PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum

Karen39
10-03-04, 16:24
Hi everyone,
I have been suffering from panic attacks for a while now, involving sweating, feeling sick and dizzy. However, since last summer I now have chest pains and am having trouble controlling these attacks. I have spoken to my doctor about it who said they were probably a panic attack and I think she is right, but find them so frightening. They seem to come out of nowhere, I'm not in a particularly frightening situation, just sat at work. Maybe I am stressed, not sure. Is this a common symptom and how do others cope with this problem? I was also told it may be heartburn and tried taking remedies for a while but do not think it is as it doesn't feel like indigestion and I can't find any food stuff linked with when these symptoms occur. The other theory was it may be gullet spasms but I cannot find out much about this other than it seems to be linked to heartburn ...
How good is Rescue Remedy for helping with these symptoms? Deep breathing doesn't seem to help, because although it may go away then, it seems to linger in the background and threaten to come back and indeed does come back throughout the rest of the day and maybe the following day. as I am also suffering from emetophobia, I am finding my life is hell at the moment, not worth living. Any suggestions welcome.
Karen

Karen

Meg
10-03-04, 17:20
Welcome Karen,

All the symptoms you mention are really commmon for anxiety and panic.

Deep breathing is good but also needs to be very slow deep breathing from the abdomen .

Please do have a really good hunt around the home pages as they have stacks of information on the things you are asking about .

Also use the seach facilities on this site to read previous threads on rescue remedy, emetophobia etc

It's awful when you feel so desperate - but with some effort and time it gets better.
Keep in touch and post if you've any questions.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

me
10-03-04, 21:26
hello karen oh what a worrying time your having please read through this whole web site its really great and full of info and everyone here understands what your going through try to keep smiling love from mary ps everyone here really helps me which means so much x

uryjm
13-03-04, 08:50
Karen
Your symptoms are amazingly common to those of us who surf this site. You will find loads of reassurance here and advice to help you tackle anxiety. You will get better, don't doubt it.

Jim

sweetwater
13-03-04, 12:17
Hi Karen,
I've used Rescue Remedy in the past and found it beneficial for panic attacks, in particular the ones I'd get in the car, and would have no idea what triggered them. However, for the big panic attacks that I would get where I recognised the cause, usually a flashback or in a situation where I felt very nervous and judged- I'm afraid Rescue Remedy didn't do much for me. If you do try it, let us know how it goes.

Caitlyn89
30-05-04, 02:28
What is the Rescue Remedy?

Meg
30-05-04, 09:35
Put rescue remedy into the search facility up top. There are loads of threads about it or just go to the website its under natural remedies.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

me
30-05-04, 20:51
hi karen hope you are ok and enjoying the bank holiday hope to hear from you soon love from mary x