PDA

View Full Version : So convinced i have MS

tashbarnes87
18-12-10, 19:23
hi all, i am a long term worrier about MS i have had all the symptoms & now realise it was anxiety. My anxiety got loads better for a good 10 months & i was doing really well & now im having worrying symptoms which cant be anxiety as im not anxious!

Last night i woke up the middle of the night with extreme pins & needles in my right foot, the type that you can only feel when you move. It was horrible , i moved about a bit & it went away. I always wake up with a numb pinky & ring finger on my right hand & i am lying on the sofa just now & my whole hand just got really bad pins & needles on my left :(

I put my back out 3 weeks ago & my left thigh keeps going completely numb :( im so convinced this is MS :weep::weep::weep::weep:

baileys
18-12-10, 19:32
You are sitting or laying awkardly thats why you are getting pins and needles, if you has MS it wouldnt be releaved by moving around.
You asked about you fingers going numb in a previous thread and you were given a reason for this then. I get it all the time, i cant feel my little fingers at all now but if i get off this computer and stretch my arms they will come back to life.

nomorepanic
18-12-10, 20:11
Probably a back issue. I get the numb arm and hand every night.

You could go and see a physio to get it checked.

It could also be carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand and / or RSI.

Doesn't sound like MS to me

blueangel
20-12-10, 10:23
If you're getting numb pinkies and ring fingers, I know for definite that this is a trapped nerve in the elbow, as I've had this myself for years and frequently wake up with one pins and needles in one or both hands, depending on whether I've been lying on my arm.

Also, if you've put your back out, this will often cause pain down your leg, as the nerves get irritated and produce pain a long way away from the site of the injury.

I used to be a big worrier about MS as my dad had it, but you would be getting symptoms that were getting worse all the time.

crazyhayz
20-12-10, 14:19
Sounds very much like carpal tunnel hun. affects those exact fingers, and the sudden numbness in hand is a huge symptom of that, and it often spreads up the arm too, its really sudden. The foot u mustve been laid on it funny, happens to me alot. u deffo dont have MS hun. U would know about it by now x

Anxious_gal
20-12-10, 16:26
it's just the cold weather making your more prone to pins and needles, I often wake up with numb hands, arms, shoulders due to how I am sleeping.