PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain caused by poor posture, esp. ladies?

pd
18-12-10, 23:40
My GP is holding this up as a possible explanation. I don't deny that I walk like an ape and sit hunched over a computer a great deal of the time. I try to sit/stand straight but :blush::blush::blush: my boobs are on the pretty flippin' big end of the spectrum and they're really heavy and tend to pull me forwards.:blush::blush::blush:

Now to wait for some physio to help correct my posture, in the hope that it will sort out the back and chest pain, and thus help me realise that I'm not actually dying. :blush:

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with chest/shoulder/upper back pain caused by poor posture and how easy this is to resolve?

looking4answers
18-12-10, 23:47
I tell you what.I grew up ignoring people about sitting and standing correctly and it was a big MISTAKE..I suffer from unbelievable back pain ,neck pain ,head aches.. Mostly the neck aches kill me.I wish I wish I would have listened but well Im paying for it now.Michael

paula lynne
18-12-10, 23:52
Poor posture not only causes muscular problems, it inhibits the lungs from working properly too, and that affects everything really, as oxygen perfussion to tissues etc is not great, and this can cause chest pain....sit in a good chair, limit your time in one position on the laptop, and hopefully youll feel the difference soon x

pd
19-12-10, 00:00
It really does make sense, and it's something I don't mind researching since it is not an OMG I'M GOING TO DIE RIGHT NOW scenario. It's nice to finally have something that may be an answer, and not one that involves my imminent death.

I don't even know what proper posture is. I have no idea how I should be sitting, slumped forwards is just so natural for me:doh:.

I'm waiting on an NHS physio (which may be some time), and in the mean time aiming to begin correcting it myself.

sandy40
19-12-10, 08:30
my back/shoulder blades/neck hurts too,i sit on the floor on my knees slumped over the laptop for hours everyday..is this whats causing my pain? my mattress is needing replaced also.