PDA

View Full Version : emetaphobia is taking over my like!

jackiohotdog
18-12-10, 23:47
hi im new to this site so hi guys,

since the beginning of this year i have been suffering of really bad emetaphobia which is driving me mad, I basically researched the phobia myself and realised this is my problem as I was having constant nausea and feelings about being sick. i told my parents about this when i started having panic attacks and anxiety issues. I was taken to a doctor where they prescribed me some anti-nausea tablets (buccastem). these worked but I didn't want to rely on the tablets. the emetaphobia got even worse when I was then taken to a hypnotherapist (or however its spelt) where i have had two sessions and im having another one soon, he taught me some relaxation techniques which work but not in the long term.

on Thursday night my friend stayed over my house and was sick in the night, this completely freaked me out. what made things worse is that I was going away with him and my parents from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon at relatives house at the other side of the country! he was then sick Friday evening at a pub which I saw which made things worse, i couldn't go near him as i was afraid i would catch something. i have stayed in the same room as him for 1 night now and i am also staying with him tonight, he hasnt been sick since but im really afraid i will be!

can someone help me with this, im 15 and its driving me insane, i cant live my life normally because of this!

thanks in advance

nomorepanic
18-12-10, 23:48
Hi jackiohotdog

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
18-12-10, 23:59
Hiya, welcome to the forum. Can I suggest you use the "Search" facility? Type in emetophobia, Im sure there will be loads of helpful posts there. Best wishes x:welcome:

Captain Caveman
19-12-10, 00:24
Hey. David Veale is an expert in Emetaphobia. He is based in London.

http://www.veale.co.uk/resources-support/public-information/vomit-phobia/
http://www.veale.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/71-Treating-SPOV-tCBT.pdf