PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm dying - so scared its swine flu

Katiex
19-12-10, 00:42
About 3 weeks ago I started feeling a little wobbly. The day after I had a cold which went in about 5 days.

I was left with a sore throat for about a week after that which turned into another cold. Got rid of that yesterday and woke up with a painful heavy chest this morning.

Nothing too bad just lower throat felt dry and had a bit of a cough which hurt.

By this evening I quickly deteriorated. Chest was so heavy and painful, burning pains in lungs, wheezing, shortness of breath, temperature, severe aches and pains, headache, very tired and weak, very itchy throat on the outside.

I went to the out of hours who checked everything and said I had an ear infection in both ears and a chest infection. He gave me antibiotics but the pharmacy only opens tomorrow.

Three young people in their 20's and 30's died last week from swine flu in a local hospital. I'm so worried that I have it.

I haven't been so ill like this for years so maybe I've forgot how bad it is??? Either way I'm scared of going to sleep incase I don't wake up. I sort of feel like I'm being thrown backwards whenever I close my eyes.

I also have Fibromyalgia so keep thinking if I do have swine flu that I'm one of the high risk people with a low immune system.

Please help :(

looking4answers
19-12-10, 01:01
My daughter and grandchildren all had this last year and they are fine now..Try not to worry to much and get plenty of rest and someone to wait on you .Get some meds take them and just relax.I think you will be fine..I hate all those swine flu things and other things that come up this time of year.You get scared to eat out or even come into contact with other people for fear of it..Hope you feel better soon.Michael

nomorepanic
19-12-10, 01:08
Did you not get the swine flu jab?

I am sure this is just a cold - there is loads going around, lots of sore throats and coughs

Anxious_gal
19-12-10, 02:42
you have an ear infection and chest infection not swine flu!
just look after your self it can take a while before you start feeling 100%
I had an awful chest infection once, my whole body ached from coughing .
But you will evenutally get better x