PDA

View Full Version : I am doing well but I have been struck down with Swine Flu...

Ambers
19-12-10, 15:39
I really am doing well with PA, I am going places and using non avoidance techniques and doing the on-line CBT. I know I still have a long way to go but I was looking forward to the next hurdle..but..

I have swine flu - got it on Wednesday and everytime I feel a wee bit better and think I am over the worse, it gets worse.

I feel like I am going to die especially as I have asthma. I am now taking antiB's which I had left over just in case I have a chest infection brought on by the swine flu. Bad I know, but I hate going to the doctors and bothering them... and my chest is rattling from my cough.

Everytime I get up from bed I pass out..I am so weak and I am as white as the snow outside. I had lost weight from a bad PA attack in August and never put the weight on.. so now I look even worse...seriously. I am forcing food and drink into me but I feel so ill. Please please, if someone as had this before how long will it be before I start to recover. I am so upset and feel like the worse mummy and wife in the world :(

I think I am not strong enough to beat this phyically :weep:

teez
19-12-10, 16:26
yup you are,,your doing all the right things,,,you need rest..sleep if you need to as much as you need,,,loads of fluids,,try soups if you feel icky,,clear chicken soups if your not veggie,,,try not to panic is over all the best ,,i know ts easy for me to say,,im on the tail end of it,,my chest is still rattley and im still coughing,,my antis are now finished,,but dont worry about the housework,,it will still be there when your well,,im just starting to catch up,,im on week three,,by week two i started to feel a little human,,but no rushing round i did that and spent the next day in bed exhausted,,hope you get better soon:hugs:

Typer
19-12-10, 16:36
Not the best people are we to deal with real illness. I am sure you will be fine. The people I have know who contracted the swine flu had been strong and healthy and still they went down like you are now. They recovered. What you need is plenty of rest, fluids and sleep. We heal while e sleep...get well soon

honeyp1e
19-12-10, 16:57
[QUOTE=Ambers;767404]I really am doing well with PA, I am going places and using non avoidance techniques and doing the on-line CBT.

hi what is the link for this online CBT?

Ambers
19-12-10, 17:13
Thank you for your replies - it really helps, Teez especially thank you.. feels better when you are not alone. I hate being ill, hate it hate.

Honey - I am doing the one on here which asked for volunteers. If your interested I could find the link for you..but I think he got the full quota of people he needed to test the products. I think it is very good and I am working through it.