PDA

View Full Version : left breast pain

molly36
19-12-10, 17:19
Hi there i am looking for some reasurance .I have been having like a pinching pain in my left breast it started at the side of my breast about 5 days ago then went away ,then yesterday it stated moving round to my nipple .The pain is like a pinching pain ,i have gave myself a good check and cant feel anything sinister .I have managed to work myself in to a right state fearing the worst.Has anyone else had this pain in 1 breast .i would be gratefull of your response.kind regards molly

debs71
19-12-10, 17:29
Hi Molly....yes, and your story is much like mine was!

I had the same kind of pain - a pinching, sharp pain in my right breast which started off on the edges of my breast and would move inwards to my nipple. The pain was horrible, but when I checked I couldn't feel anything. I found it strange that I only had it in the one breast, and like you I was worried about it.

I saw my GP and she examined both breasts and actually found a pea shaped lump in my LEFT breast!!! Weird! She made an urgent referral to the breast clinic at my local hospital where I had an ultrasound scan of my left breast which showed I have many micro cysts in that breast which they said could not be drained as they were so small right now,but can safely be left at the moment.

I was a bit annoyed that they didn't scan the right breast which is what I went to my GP about, but my own suspicion is that I have cysts in that one too.

Just to reassure you, the doctor I saw at the hospital said that anything suspicious does not cause pain, and the breast pains we feel can often be put down to hormonal breast changes, or like me, cysts which are benign.

It might be worth a trip to your GP anyway to get checked out and set your mind at rest hun.

Hope this helps.xxx:)

molly36
19-12-10, 17:40
HI thanks debs for your reply ,i know it prob is hormonal but you know what its like once you have anxiety we always fear the worst.I am glad all was well for you kind regards molly

debs71
19-12-10, 17:43
Yeh, I totally understand Molly. I do the same and always think the worst first.

Take Care hun.xxx:hugs:

molly36
19-12-10, 18:25
I hate everything to do with anxiety had it too long now.Just hate it when new symptoms appear that i cant explain.kind regards molly

debs71
19-12-10, 18:46
Yes, I really do know how you feel Molly. I have always said I would rather have a broken leg than anxiety any day, because at least they are straightforward to sort out, whereas anxiety/mental health probs are an absolute struggle, and when these physical symptoms crop up we naturally fear something horrible immediately.

xxxxxx:bighug1:

molly36
19-12-10, 19:27
Hi debs yes i know what you mean mental health problems are awfull i have had problems since i was 19 and i am 36 now.The health anxiety is the plague of my life kind regards molly