PDA

View Full Version : New and Anxious

midgey
19-12-10, 20:09
Hi :)
I have been on here a few times over the last couple of years and only just joined as so many people seem to be in the same boat as me.

I am married, with 3 children. I have a good job and on the surface life is good. It's what I try and hide that is not so good.

I have been plagued by bad health over the last 4 years and have a heart and lung problem. In themselves the medical conditions don't really stop me doing too much, but whilst I was so unwell I began to feel very panicky about my health and have an obsession about my breathing which is with me every second of every day. I do have health anxiety, but I would also say from reading lot's of literature that I also have GAD.

I struggle with most things due to my anxiety, my work has become nigh on impossible, and I am currently off sick as I can't do the job I am employed to do because of my constant anxiety. It stops me enjoying nomal things. I don't like to be in public places, holidays freak me out, I don't like feeling cut off in the snow.....infact give me a situation and I'd panic.

I have had CBT, NLP, regular counselling, St Johns Wort with some effect. It was when I turned up at the GP last week in a complete panic sobbing that I thought I was loosing it, that she suggested SSRI antidepressants. I had tried Sertraline a couple of years ago but had to stop due to palpitations and tachycardia. I was diagnosed this week with ME / CFS and it was that consultant that suggested trycylic antidepressant amitryptelline 10mg to increase to 25mg in 3 weeks. I have taken it for 3 nights and seem to be ok so far.

I will do anything to make this go away as it's not just me...it's my husband and children that are affected by my short fuse and crippling anxiety.

I'd love to hear from others, after reading many others threads I see I am not alone.:hugs:

diane07
19-12-10, 20:10
Hi midgey

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
19-12-10, 20:13
Hi Midgey, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here, and as you find your feet, youll make lots of friends who are going through similar situations too. Its nice to meet you x:welcome:(agoraphobia, panic and anx, 10 years, married, 2 kids, 1 grand-daughter.....best wishes, Paula x)

midgey
19-12-10, 20:16
Thanks Paula Lynne, I feel welcome already :yesyes:

midgey
19-12-10, 20:17
Thank you

Hazy61
19-12-10, 20:31
i am new to this site , i suffer the same through agoraphobia but thank you to all the folk who speak out other wise i would think i am dying but i know we can all help each other and recover