PDA

View Full Version : propranolol

shazy
19-12-10, 20:22
Has anyone took propranolol for the symptoms of shortness of breathe,and has it helped them?

Del1970
20-12-10, 13:45
I have been on Propranolol 10mg and they have just been upped to 40mg but not for shortness of breath, mines for Anxiety attack, BP (Hypertension) and rapid heart rate - that said my breathing was'nt right during panic/anxiety attacks, Have you got any other symptoms other than Shortness of breath Shazy?

Del
x

shazy
20-12-10, 16:26
Chest is always uncomfortable, like i cant move it.i keep taking deep breaths to breath.

Del1970
21-12-10, 08:23
Aaaah, well if the doctor has checked you and can't find anything to stop you breathing or any kind of blockage he may have given them to you to help you relax to see if it is anxiety, These tablets are only a beta-blokers, they deffinately do relax you, have you taken any yet and noticed any difference in your breathing?

shazy
21-12-10, 14:34
No havent taken any yet,they gave me them 4 weeks ago,im in 2 minds if to take them.Its like im stuck in a viscious cicrcle,anxiety,hyperventilation,breathless.How do we break out of this circle.:weep:

honeyp1e
21-12-10, 14:59
No havent taken any yet,they gave me them 4 weeks ago,im in 2 minds if to take them.Its like im stuck in a viscious cicrcle,anxiety,hyperventilation,breathless.How do we break out of this circle.:weep:

am like you i really dont like taking tablets and i get them off the doc and i have them for weeks or even months b4 i do or decide to not take them,,
but propranolol are good they slow down acing hearts and breathing all relaxed etc.. am on 80mg now x
so yes you should take them and soon x

Del1970
22-12-10, 11:22

I really do wish I knew a simple answer Shazy, I also don't like taking tablets but it was nessescary this time, My doc has said I can lower them gradually when I feel ready and then go back on 10mg when needed in the future, but i'm even scared of doing all that too quick now and triggering anything off. Can't win!

You could try cutting a tablet in half and try it to see if it helps, they really do work for relaxing you so you might feel some relief.

Keep us posted on how you get on
Take care
Adele
x :)

shazy
24-12-10, 10:47
Thankyou adele for your reply,at the moment im just going to carry on with the diapghram breathing exercises i,ve been told by a buteyko breathing practioner,rather come out of it the natural way than medication way.Wish me luck :)