PDA

View Full Version : HIV Test Tomorrow

peter34uk
19-12-10, 21:06
Hi All, (me again)

Going for a Rapid HIV Test at Guys hospital tomorrow (snow & travel permitting)

Just to recap:
My wife had an operation last week and they found adhesions to her falopian tubes which they corrected. The surgeon said possible STD related and to get checked out.

So far we have tested clean for Chlamydia & Gonorea. So its the HIV test.

Ive been with my wife for 11 years and we both very healthy. The only thing I can think that has put me at risk is just over 14 years ago I had a one night stand with a girl that had slept with a stadia full amount of men (I found out afterwards)

But i did wear a condom and I dont remember it splitting!

So Im seriously hoping that after 14 years since then I dont have HIV cause I feel healthy and my wife is healthy after 11 years with me.

Surely we must be okay right??

Guess Im just bricking the test tomorrow and frightened of the consquences of a bad outcome!

elainey70
19-12-10, 21:15
Hi,

Good luck for tomorrow, i'm sure everything will be ok, let us know how you get on.
take care x

BKF1515
19-12-10, 21:47
Good luck! :)

westofengland
19-12-10, 23:23
good luck. And when it's NEGATIVE, start working on your health anxiety issues

don't go lurching on to the next health worry like I did! :)

Hope1983
21-12-10, 02:29
i am sure you will be fine!!!!!! :)
iv been putting off having the test, i make excuses every week, my main worry is if i did have it, it would like being told im dying ... and im terrified of death. i dont know how i would cope knowing??? i would just have a never ending panic attack! :scared15:
really need to do something about it! let us know how you get on...

Anxious_gal
21-12-10, 03:56
Looking forward to hearing the good news x

Mogwog
21-12-10, 12:35
How did it go Peter?

Give us the good news!!!xxxx

peter34uk
21-12-10, 18:29
Sorry I didnt make it in. Bloody trains and weather.

Ive rebooked for tomorrow at 2.30pm.

Hopefully my wifes results will be back as well before then. Ill be able to relax a bit if they are!

I will let you all know!