PDA

View Full Version : Hypertension and Anxiety

Del1970
19-12-10, 22:38
Yesterday I got in such a state I was crying with fear, I ended up going to the local emergency doctor and now i'm glad I did, I thought I had been having bad migraine for 3 days but this doc told me I actually had High Blood pressure (Hypertension) I was having the numb but tingling sensation/feeling like my face was pulling down/palpatations/throbbing headache/could'nt stand noise or the light and was extremely dizzy and irritable, the anxiety was at an all time peak, I was shaking with fear - I just sat n cried thinking my time was up and that I was going to have a stroke or heart attack - Well the doc that saw me has put me on 40mg Propranolol and Co-codomol if needed for the headache, I have to say today is the first day for months I have not felt totally dizzy/light headed the whole day and no panic at all hardly - bit of a blip in Asda because the side effects of the tablets came (feeling sick and I had slight dizziness and tired) I do have a faint headache now but that could be due to general tiredness? I hope! I already have an appointmet to see a heart doctor and have an ECG for the beginning of Jan so just hoping everything will be ok.

Has anyone else on here go High BP (Hypertension)? if so, How have you been or coped with it all and the anxiety panic? and what medication are you on, See i've done the daft thing and read the side-effects and feel a bit apprehensive with already having High bp and palps

Del1970
20-12-10, 13:38
Well I had to have a follow up check at my own docs today and am glad to say that my BP was normal and heart rate was ok too, this has calmed me down no end knowing its got better, the Propranolol 40mg twice a day have really been a god send, they have left me tired and a slight headache with tiredness but I can live with that, I cannot believe the difference in me, It kinda feels unreal feeling next to normal after a long long time:yesyes: in fact everything was doing so well my doc said as soon as I feel ready to I can drop to one tablet a day then go back on the 10mg Propranolol.
Anyone starting out with this tablet do not be afraid it truely has worked wonders for me in a very short space of time

Good luck fellow anxiety sufferers
xx
:D