PDA

View Full Version : New and VERY anxious !!!

pika79
19-12-10, 23:12
Hi all i have been a reader of the forum for a long time but this is my first post !

I have suffered with health anxiety for about 8 years now and although i believe that i have a very good understanding of it now sometimes the fear just takes hold of me and nothing i do helps. I have been on and off medication for years but i find that taking tablets (anything even painkillers) makes me more anxious so i tend to try to battle on alone. I tend to now only have 2 times a moth when i have terrible anxiety, about 2 weeks before i am due on (pmt) for a few days then 2 days before i am due on for about 3 days. these attacks are vicious and leave me feeling ill, exhausted and upset.

this month has been realy hard and i think a lot is to do with xmas, but the 2 things i have been having
1 when i am just dropping off to sleep i forget to breath and wake up gasping for breath ?! Of course this happens and suddenly i am gripped with fear that if i go to sleep i will not wake up and then of course i can not sleep at all ! Now i am aware that this may be sleep apnea and that is def a possibility but i think it is more than likely anxiety. since i started with the panic it has always centred around sleeping and most nights i go to bed breathless.

2 and the thing bothering me tonight a few months ago i had a fall and ended up with some soft tissue damage in my chest muscle (left above my heart OF COURSE) well unfortunatly because it was damaged it keeps pulling with the slightest movement. It also makes me really breathless but i think that it is because of where it is,i also wonder if it is pulling so often because of the fact i am tensed pretty much all the time ie fight or flight. I have been back to the doc a few times and they say that it could take up to a year to mend. I suffer with TMJ because of the constant state of fear i live in without even realising it i clench my teeth and end up with headache jaw ache and neck ache ?????
Thought anyone ?

diane07
19-12-10, 23:14
Hi pika79

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gaaron
20-12-10, 00:14
Hi, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x