PDA

View Full Version : horrible air hunger

worry_bunny
20-12-10, 23:42
I have had this in the past but usually for a day or two at most and I am now heading into week 2 of this awful thing.

Its that horrible feeling where you feel like you cant get enough breath or a deep enough breath. I have had it all day every day for over a week and its driving me nuts.

I feel like I have to concentrate on every single breath. I have been trying all the things I have seen suggested and the breathing exercises have helped a little and I find that I am not having that terrible gasping for air part as much but it is still quite bad.

If I lie down it isnt so bad but walking around makes it worse and going upstairs makes it ten times worse. To top it all off I am now wheezing a little as well which has frightened me as I can definitly hear a rattle on my chest at times.

Could the cold have brought this on its been freezing here and also I have got some antihistamines could they help? I am such a chicken about taking tablets that I havent tried them yet.

Please help I am so very miserable :weep:

gaaron
20-12-10, 23:54
yes the cold has an effect on breathing..

scaredstiff695
18-03-11, 09:28
wow someone recommended looking up air hunger and this is exactly like what im suffering with ive even given my self a sore throat etc

how are you getting on now have you conquered it?