PDA

View Full Version : palpitations ..... again!!!

bexy84
21-12-10, 09:21
hello everyone....does anybody get palpitations that feel like little blips?? hard to explain ..like blipblipblipblip normal normal blip normal.... like a burst of fast beats?? not hard quite faint fluttery almost???? also the tests i have had are as follows ...20 + ecgs, 4 24hr ecgs, echo cardiogram, 4 week monitor, heart ward for 1 week on a monitor, tilt test. all normal. do you think if there was anything these tests would have showed it up???? they just said i have sinus tachy sometimes and a few ectopics ....thanks

PokerFace
21-12-10, 09:24
Definatley would have showed up on all of those tests. Ectopics are always benign in a structuarlly normal heart and yours is fine. Remember, your hearts only reacting to what your brain is telling it to even though you don't mean too.

A big sign of panic is a racing heart because it's pumping adrenaline around so you can get ready to fight or run away. I get ectopics all the time too, just another annoyin symptom of anxiety I'm afraid! The more you ignore them the less you'll feel them. xx

Idk if you've read through this already but it might help a bit. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/palpitations/

bexy84
21-12-10, 09:28
thanks poker face!!! do you get the feeling as i described???? i have been anxious this last week . my anxiety seems to come out in my heart!!! have you had tests x

PokerFace
21-12-10, 09:40
I've had a few ECGs, there's a few people on here with heart anxiety too so your definatley not alone with this fear. It actually seems to be quite common. I get a lot of feelings in my heart, big jumps, fluttering, double beats etc. It just comes with the anxiety, it does take a bit of time to get used to it. x

molly36
21-12-10, 19:03
Hi bexy i get what you describe very faint fast beats all in a row that lasts maybe seconds although 1 time i had them for minutes.The cardioligist said they are extra beats without the pause and not to worry about them as they are harmless, though easier said than done .Palps make my life a misery.I hope this helps a bit kind regards molly