PDA

View Full Version : what more can i do?

ktloubish
21-12-10, 13:35
hi ive been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks most my life this time has been the hardest as i cant get over them like i did the others im on 2mg diaz 4times a day and mirtazapine 30mg 1 at night i start 2 recover and come off the diaz and then i have another panic and im bk 2 being afraid agian i try 2 remain positive and tell myself this wont happen 4 ever but even as im writing i doubtful! has any1 over come them and have a great life? i want 2 have a baby but i darnt incase i panic whilst pregnant i just want a normal life x

Vixxy
21-12-10, 14:37
Hi. You can beat this. You've just had a rough time lately that is making it seem like you can't.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I would like a baby too, but fear that it might trigger anxiety and I wouldn't be able to look after it.
So for now you should focus on relaxing and doing things that keep you happy. You'll be amazed at how much it can help.
When you wake up try progressive muscle relaxation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_muscle_relaxation
or try a guided relaxation, which is similar. I use this one.
http://withandrewjohnson.com/free-hypnosis-mp3-downloads.html
At the top of that page is a link to a free download. Give it a go :)
Depending on how anxious you are during the day you should repeat it as and when you start to feel anxious. After a while you'll notice that you only have to hear the first bars of the music to start to feel relaxed. This helps when you're feeling very anxious as it can stop the anxiety from taking a hold.
The other thing you can do is to have a goal for each day. It doesn't have to be big, just something that you can be proud of, or even something that just needed doing. For instance you could have a goal of walking to the shops, watching a movie or buying something nice. It can be anything!
Also I've found that tracking my goals on a daily basis really helps me to remember I can do things.
Hope this helps.

ktloubish
21-12-10, 15:56
thanks vixxy its nice to know that theres different ways to cope and that im not alone because when panic strikes the one thing i feel is alone! il definatly give the exercises ago thank you again x