PDA

View Full Version : palpatations when falling asleep

molly36
21-12-10, 19:06
Hi does anyone suffer with their heart going mad as they fall asleep .I have been getting this for a while doc said it anxiety.Its like my hearts just goes really irregular then really fast just as im falling in to a sleep .Very scary ,has anyone else sufferd this kind regards molly

BKF1515
21-12-10, 20:16
I have suffered from this off and on for years. I have been told that the most common time to have heart palpitations is at night when lying in bed and the most common day of the week is Sunday night. For that reason, whenever I feel them, I try to ignore them, knowing that they are caused by adrenaline (thinking about the day) and anxiety. Hope this helps :)

Douglas
22-12-10, 06:36
I have had the same thing for the last 28 years. I stopped worrying about it long ago.

PokerFace
22-12-10, 08:31
I get quite a few when I'm trying to fall asleep sometimes. I'm usually too tired to care about them though lol! :D Like the other members have said and your doctor it's just anxiety. I even remember getting a few when trying to sleep before my health anxiety to be honest! xx

JessG
22-12-10, 16:50
Ever since i can remember, whenever I have laid down to sleep, my heart will beat faster and harder than normal. My doc says not to worry about it, but telling me not to worry about my heart is like telling a starving dog not to eat the food in front of them.

molly36
22-12-10, 17:40
Thank you all for yur replies kind regards molly