PDA

View Full Version : anxious for no bloody reason

DebbieDoo
21-12-10, 19:49
hi guys just have to vent - here i am in the comfort of my own home, back to work, doing an anxiety management class trying to get a hold of this god damned thing and take control and its not fecking working i feel so nervous all the time and i dont know why its definatley improved since going back on the meds but man i just feel so uneasy anyone else get like this when there is no rational explanation to feel so scared, scared !!!get it up yae scaredness :mad:
so sorry as we all have this blasted thing but it just wont go away!!!
keep smiling :yesyes: even if it is through gritted teeth xx

Shelz77
21-12-10, 20:06
Hey Debbie, I know exactly what you mean!!!! It frustrates the hell of me that I'll just be sitting here then "hello", anxiety raises it's ugly head for no reason at all. It's almost like someone just flicked a switch and other days it's there from the moment I wake up. Just longing for that anxiety free day, even if its just the one.......... for now :) Take care :bighug1:

yvonne_uk_98
21-12-10, 20:16
Hi Debbiedoo,

I know the feeling about anxiousness raising for nothing, as we think it's nothing. as I always goto cbt therapy and let her know that I got anxious for nothing, then I tell her about a few things, then I realise, there was something to be anxious about. it was not for nothing.

it's not until you talk about what you have on your mind, then you find out why anxious came up.

or it could be for nothing.

Yvonne

PanchoGoz
21-12-10, 20:20
Thats anxiety disorder. When I told my doctor I was anxious for no apparent reason, she mouthed the last 3 words as I said them. Also, periods.

bmccartney
22-12-10, 01:45
ME TOO! anxious all the time , all day long, endlessly on edge. no bloody break EVER! For NO REASON! Hate it so bad that i raged today over it! Kicked the daylights out of frozen car door in total frustration and rage that i cannot feel NORMAL! I have no further clue what to do about it. I have a great life, job, husband and kids and no worries that are so dreadfull that i should be plagued by this ridiculous daily anxiety! I am at a total lost and miss my old life that i could cry for a million years!

stomper1999
22-12-10, 02:00
Oh yeah, have I ever been there.

I have a good job, (stressload high at times, but whose isn't), a great marriage, supportive colleagues, good friends, no serious health problems other than dealing with the brain going at 1000 miles per hour all the time. worried, anxious, guilty, tense, all at the same time.

Which has gotten a lot better since went to the doctor, admitted that I had anxiety issues for years, wasnt sleeping , losing weight like crazy and spontaneously crying, even at work. (And I am a guy. )

Friends didnt even know I had problems till I almost collapsed in a heap from total exhaustion.

Looking back I took on a load of stuff in life and just burned out. Lived on adrenaline for years.

It helps to step back and analyze things.

Ric

TheNervousSpaz
22-12-10, 04:45
That always happens to me..even when im having a good day i just randomly start feeling anxious sometimes...:wacko:

honeyp1e
22-12-10, 06:09
This always happens to me also i can be having some great days then BANG it just appears from no where for no reason and then i just get a nervous stomach feeling and just anxious then all day it really puts a downer on your day and god help if i have anything planned as it just goes out the windown so now i try not to plan anything at all untill that morning etc.. just to see how am feeling x

blueangel
22-12-10, 13:36
I think it's the randomness of anxiety is the last straw for a lot of us; it certainly is for me as it's a characteristic symptom that it can just come out of nowhere - or seems to. I've had a few good days now that the citalopram is starting to work, then work up feeling quite anxious for "no reason" this morning. Bummer. :mad:

ChrisK
22-12-10, 14:09
Just surrender to it and start focus on breathing. Focus on the people around you, take notes of the colors, the space, the sky etc. or take out a sheet and start drawing or calculating.

DebbieDoo
23-12-10, 12:08
thank you all for your kind words and support i do wish you all a very merry christmas and a stable new year :-) xxx