PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day

sara34
21-12-10, 23:22
Hi i dont really know what to say i'm a very shy person my panic attacks are running my life now i get really bad heart palps and constantly have have my hand on my pulse checking my heart i get pain in my left arm that gose to my jaw when i get the palps are these normal i have lost all confidence in my gp because i think they might have missed some thing think the reason i have lost this is they told my mum she had writers cramp and it turned out she had a brain tumour the doc has put me on so many dif tabs but i get nasty side effects from them he wants me to take propan but to worried it will do some thing to my heart all day to day i have been having really bad palps and feel like my life is not in my hands any more i'm not the person i used to be years ago all i would like to know is are the meds safe to take with heart palps and what do other people do to calm down i'm having a server panic attack at the moment so thought i would post some thing to try and calm down i have gad ecg's tapes and my heart is fine but i just cant get out of my head that this could be the real thing this time sorry if its dosent make much sence just dont know what to do :(

Natalie x
21-12-10, 23:40
Hi Sara. Sorry that you are having a bad time. Like you, i always used to check my pulse and my heart rate, but you just have to break the cycle as it is hightening your anxiety. Also im sorry to hear about your mum. Have you tried cbt at all? Or are you on any medication? This would help the panic attacks. You are in major panic mode just now, so just try to breathe deeply and try to distract yourself and it will pass. Hope i could help :) x

sara34
22-12-10, 02:15
i'm going for cbt in feb and it seems miles away the doctor has given me propan but i'm to scared to take at the moment i'm getting heart palps but they are slow if that makes sence its like a slow missed beat i'm getting a pain in my chest that is going through to my left shoulder blade and a pain in my jaw i dont know weather to cry or grab the phone is this normal panic as they are not my normal symptons i guess it could be my mind being nasty i'm worring so much over it probly not the best thing to do my heart is not racing just getting missed beats and pain dosent look like i'll be getting much sleep got a horrible feeling i'm going to die :unsure:

Natalie x
22-12-10, 11:24
You are panicking over the palpitations, therefore in turn making you more panicky and leading you to experiencing those horrible symptoms. Have a look at the symptoms page and you will see all the things about chest pain. Remember that the more we panic, the more our mind plays tricks on us. Hope you are a bit better today :) x