PDA

View Full Version : Is it really just anxeity?

phil06
22-12-10, 13:29
I feel quite crap most days so question is it really anxiety or:

Underactive thyroid
Chronic fatigue
Asthma
Anxiety/nerves
Depression
Heart issues
Another illness?

:blush:

debs71
22-12-10, 13:38
Hello Phil...

I think it is very hard for anyone here to definitively answer that question as there is always a possibility of a physical cause, but the likelihood that your anxiety is not responsible is - I would have though - slim.

The mind is such a powerful thing, and the problem is when we get trapped in that cycle of :

God I feel bad
Because I feel bad I must be ill
Now I notice have certain 'symptoms'
There MUST be something wrong with me then
Now I am really worried and anxious
Now I feel worse....

...and so the cycle goes on..

...and this is often driven just through mentally not feeling your best. I myself have been there, done that, READ the books. I always have to make a concerted effort to haul myself up and get busy when I feel like that, as lying/sitting there does nothing but compound the situation, and even if I feel rough and ill, I MAKE myself do stuff, and miraculously, my symptoms subside.

Mind over matter....try It....it REALLY works, believe me.xx

Anxious_gal
22-12-10, 15:54
if some thing makes you feel really happy do you notice your anxiety symptoms go away or lessen?

Going home
22-12-10, 16:01
Phil, I see you've also bumped up your older thread about self help books and had a few more replies to that again, so are you saying in this thread that you don't really believe what all these books are telling you? that you've read them but dismissed the idea that it could be down to anxiety? because in this thread you're listing physical illnesses again...so what do you think it is yourself? More importantly what do you doctors tell you?

Anna x

phil06
23-12-10, 00:17
Phil, I see you've also bumped up your older thread about self help books and had a few more replies to that again, so are you saying in this thread that you don't really believe what all these books are telling you? that you've read them but dismissed the idea that it could be down to anxiety? because in this thread you're listing physical illnesses again...so what do you think it is yourself? More importantly what do you doctors tell you?

Anna x

I have self help books but I have trouble getting long term reassurance..I have GAD and keep worrying every day...

I just feel crap and run down every day..I worked until 10.30pm at work tonight and I noticed I never worried about going mad at work tonight unlike at home I feel it every night.

Had been to the doctors a few months back and got self help guides but I am not really wanting to get into a habit of going back and back all the time. I guess work made it feel nothing but like at home I feel all these symptoms..i read in books it's driven by anticipation..as soon as I got out of work and home I've been anxious, grouchy, feeling tired again.

My head has been a roller coaster for months really..I guess I keep lying to myself I have anxiety at times..i look for these illnesses..and somebody once said don't you want it to be just anxiety? and I am a bit well..I don't really say to myself when a symptom comes "that's anxiety"...the reason I paid for a counsellor was because I never believed the books were tailor made to all my symptoms so in a way I dismissed them...also had a thought the other night that I've had three relapses...felt it all before but the 3rd time I've felt it worst so I'm like..well maybe I never really accepted it hence why it's come back worse?

And I am very glum and depressed about life as I've had a hard few years...yes I know it won't get better moaning..but the rejection, disappointment is giving me a hard time trying to pull myself together. I guess I need to stop feeling sorry for myself...

I find I am selfish thinking of myself all the time..not deliberately but another thought I have tonight is "well I last into the new year coping with bad anxiety"...but tonight I'm like well..I probably won't think I will but I guess I will as I have before.

Maybe I'm the biggest victim on here to spending too long analyzing, thinking of me..and maybe that's why I feel every symptom from A-Z? :unsure:

phil06
23-12-10, 06:08
Update..

6am having a rough night..racing mind had a bad shift at work so that's all I've thought about..

Just can't relax, feel crazy...mind feels away.

I have constant depersonalization feel like is so weird and I'm crazy..can't relax, duno who I am, fearing I'm mad..can't get much worse can it?

Not sure how I can calm down. :weep:

MandySlade
23-12-10, 08:07
Look at that list of diseases/disorders. The symptoms for each vary greatly. The fact that you worry that it could be any or all of them means that the MOST likely culprit is, in fact, anxiety.