PDA

View Full Version : Dental Pain

pegdog
22-12-10, 16:22
I've been psyching myself up to have a relatively small filling on a tooth - I've written several times here about how panicky I get at the dentist (or anywhere!). I managed to keep my appointment yesterday, heart racing. I said I didn't want an injection but the pain was so bad the dentist couldn't even start drilling so I had the injection - not afraid of needles, but of the numb feeling. My husband was with me :hugs:which helped. My dentist isn't overfriendly with phobics but lovely with 'ordinary people' so that upset me a bit. He said I'd have to have it done in hospital if I wouldn't let him so, because of the pain I've been having, I saw it through. I was SO proud of myself...............so, I hear you ask, what's the problem? I STILL have the pain today and now I'm worried because I might have made him nervous and he's made a mistake.......he really doesn't 'do' nerves well. If the cavity is filled, should I still have pain? I can't face going back to have it redone or have it out - although he did say it wasn't a bad cavity.

Any ideas........please??

pegdog
22-12-10, 20:03
...............anyone??:weep:

Groundhog
22-12-10, 20:15
Hi
Its not unusual to have pain after a filling. should go within 48hours ish, take pain killers

BKF1515
22-12-10, 20:40
I would give it some time. You also had an injection. Probably you need a week or so to get back to normal. Good luck