PDA

View Full Version : Strange Head Feeling

chris_1982
22-12-10, 17:54
Hi

Just had a very strange feeling in my head. I was just eating my tea in front of the TV when suddenly it felt like someone pushed my head down, it was very sudden and lasted like a second no more but it has got me worried about having a brain tumour or a seizure. I think I have had the feeling before. I have been very stressed today as I had to have stitches out and have some sinus issues over the last few days. The strange thing is over the last week or so I have been feeling alot better. Has anyone else experienced this strange head feeling? I am quite worried about this, I hope it doesn't happy again.

Thanks

Chris

Katie6
22-12-10, 18:06
I get that all the time, infact i have it right now, i have had it on and off all day, i have been getting this for several years, but it doesn't worry me, as it is muscle tension, if you are a little stressed this is likely to have caused it. x

chris_1982
22-12-10, 18:16
Thanks for the reply, going to forget about it now, very strange feeling but not going to give it any more thought. Its so weird how many completely different symptoms anxiety can cause, even at times when I think its under control.

Thanks again

Chris

Katie6
22-12-10, 18:35
It certainly does cause so many varied symmptoms, you only have to read the posts here to realise how weird peoples symptoms can be. I wish i had been aware of the site many years ago, i used to live at the a&e, doctors or walk in centre, i found it very hard to believe that my own mind was causing such extreme and varied symptoms, i used to pray that every test would come back with something to show, so i could be given a quick fix.
I still suffer with Anxiety now, but it is different from what it once was, i have other health issues going on and i get anxious about them but now instead of flying into a blind panic and getting someone to rush me to the nearest a&e i now think that damn anxiety/panic has got me again. i also find myself more able to think about my symptoms logically rather than thinking my heart is going a bit fast, OMG i am having a heart attack, i know that is the damn anxiety again. but the one thing i do struggle is to know when physical illness begins and anxiety ends.

chris_1982
22-12-10, 18:50
This board is great for easing worries I have had a few symptoms lately that have just disappeared after posting here. Reading other peoples experiences really helps, I almost feel bad I mean I would much prefer anxiety didn't exist but at least I am not alone.

I also know what you are talking about with where physical illness begins and anxiety ends. I had coucilling about two and a half years ago now because I was going through a pretty bad spell of anxiety, feeling weak and sick. The councillor was was saying your perfectly well and she really built up my confidence and I did feel very well again. Then a couple of months later I ended up with a melanoma (very early and just cut out) and all that work building my confidence back up seemed a wasted. The funny thing was I had this melanoma on my leg and I was relaxed about it I almost didn't show the dermatologist who I was visiting for something else. So now I am back checking every symptom causing my body tension which then causes more symptoms.

Anyway going on a bit, hope your other health issue aren't too serious and thanks again for your replies.

Chris

Katie6
22-12-10, 19:12
The physical illness are nothing serious but chronic and debilatating, i have M.E and i have a possible diagnosis of sjogrens syndrome, i have the bloodwork for it but i do not have all the of the symptoms required under the diagnostic criteria, i also have a very low b12 which i gt injections for every month. at the moment i am bedridden, the doctor visits me at home, the nurses visit me at home for my injections and bloods, i also have just started seeing an occupational therepist who visits me at home weekly to try and work on my fatigue levels with a very structured daily routine, so i am lucky that i have very good health care, none of these professional are fully aware of my anxiety issues at this present time as i don't want them to blame all of my illness on that. a year ago we moved 100 miles away to have some family support around us, but my previous GP was not so understanding and blamed everything on anxiety it was an issue, but not to the extent they were implying, i had always had anxiety issues but i was always able to carry on, it was a struggle to do certain things but i could do it until 2 years ago, it wasn't until i moved that the doctor was more understanding and found things in my blood tests that needed treating. I have requested to see a clinical psychologist, who will be visiting me at home after christmas, as i don't want my anxieties and safety nets i have created myself to get in the way of the recovery i hope to make x

kirstyt
22-12-10, 19:28
Bless you katie.my heart really goes out to u it really does!i changed doctors bcause everythin always boiled down to anxiety.but my new doctor has mentioned Me to me and a lack of B12.its sort of comfortin to know that sum doctors truely want to help.even though she was baffled with my sudden cravin of wantin to eat sand!!xx

Katie6
22-12-10, 19:53
yuk sand lol what a weird craving, i feel so lucky to have great a great gp, she does listen and because she does listen it makes me slightly less anxious as i feel i can trust her and feel content with what she says. I do still get anxiety and it can make me feel like s**t but i can cope with that, just want all the other crap to go away, so i can get out of this bed and out of this house and enjoy life with my children and family, i think that is what bothers me the most, they are only litle once and i am missing out :(