PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope with this pain!

shotokansho
23-12-10, 02:33
Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this because it is driving me mad. For about 10 days I have had a very uncomfortable burning sensation on my right side. It starts from my back and goes round to the front of my tummy. It's very painful and wearing clothes is agony, hence I am hardly sleeping because my bed covers hurt it too. The only time I get relief from it is if I have no top on and I don't move an inch so it doesn't get touched. The slightest touch of that area makes me want to cry. It's not the muscles or anything, it's my skin.
It's such a weird thing that I haven't been to the doctors because there is nothing to see. No rash, swelling or anything else, just very painful skin.
Last weekend when it was unbearable I called the out of hours doctors and I was told it could have been the on set of shingles but was told it was very unusual not to have a rash so I wasn't started on any treatment. The doctor told me that if a rash doesn't appear then shingles is very unlikely. However I have read on the internet that people can have shingles without a rash but it is very rare and normally in people over 50.
This really is depressing me. I can't do anything because of the sensitivity and pain that the slightest touch causes...I just want to cry :frown:
I really want to enjoy my christmas without this but it is gradually getting worse and I can't stand it. :weep:
Any advice anyone...I feel desperate.

Kez xx

honeyp1e
23-12-10, 04:49
hi i suffer with this pain to but my mainly heads towards my left side lately were it use to be my right side also the pain would lie in my abdomen upper & lower abdomen and the burning can be so extreme at times :weep: so i no what your going through.. do you get any other symptons apart from burning ?
tight clothes are a no no as they do make it feel worse...

anyway this is just acid reflux/hearturn can be caused by alot of things and one thing is STRESS / ANXIETY

it is so annoting and can really hurt keeping me awake al night :( x

Granny Primark
23-12-10, 05:08
Hi kez:hugs:
When I was a community carer I looked after a lady who had shingles in one side of her face. She had no rash either. She said the pain was unbearable and many times I would find her crying in agony.
I really hope that the pain soon goes.
Lots of love and hugs:hugs:

shotokansho
23-12-10, 08:51
Thanks Lynn. Do you know if she was prescribed anything for it? xx