PDA

View Full Version : HIV Test Update

peter34uk
23-12-10, 11:40
Guys,

I made it to the test centre yesterday but I was a half hour late and I bottled it. I couldnt even go into the reception.

I felt sick in my stomach and my heart was pounding! So I whimped out :weep:

But my wife got her test results back this morning and they were normal, thank god!

So this afternoon, ive an appointment at 2.30, Guys Hospital. Apparently I get the result in an hour & 15mins.

But im also thinking that if after 11 years my wife is HIV Negative, then I must be surely!!! Am I right in thinking that???

Its been over 14 years since I slept with a couple girls (protected sex)...but i been sitting thinking, did they tear or break. I dont think they did, but i started getting paranoid!

PokerFace
23-12-10, 12:01
If your wife doesn't have it, I highly doubt you will! Good luck later. x

london
23-12-10, 12:54
your be ok at guys its a good one

peter34uk
23-12-10, 23:18
Hi all,

FANTASTIC NEWS.....IT'S NEGATIVE!!!

I can't begin to describe the relief!!!!! Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and support.

Id like to mention a special thanks to Dummer who spent a fair amount of time in a private conv with me a couple weeks back.

I bottled it yesterday but went through with it today.

The Health advisor was awsome and the test was actually the easy bit. Its the anxiety about it thats the worse bit. But once you decide to do it and sit down to give your blood sample, you relax and just accept whats coming to an extent!

I only had to wait about 15-20mins and she came to take me into a room. Confirmed my date of birth with me and told me it was negative.

Guys its simply awsome and i have to say i feel the weight of the world has een lifted off my shoulders. I wished I tested sooner is all i can say.

If your at all worried, get tested. Its 100000000 times better than living with the what if's!!!

Many thanks again for all your support!

paula lynne
23-12-10, 23:22
PETER THATS AMAZING NEWS, now you can relax. xxxxxxxxxxx

kirstyt
23-12-10, 23:41
Awwwwwwe so happy for u...:D xxx

westofengland
24-12-10, 20:42
well done buddy
only thing to fear is fear itself :)

now stop worrying about dying and get on with living!